Vanity Fair October 2024 : Selena Gomez by Emma Summerton

She photographs very poorly, the most interesting thing she managed to do was her first Vogue because M&M transformed her into someone else with Photoshop help!

On the positive side, over the past year, Vanity Fair has continued to make an effort to feature new people - for them - on the cover, rather than use the same faces over and over again.

On the other hand, some of these covers are far from being images that would enter any Hall of Fame.

This one looks like the start of a private shoot in a hotel room, random curtain included.

What was the makeup artist doing? Her face is shiny in all the wrong places. They should have edited that in post. The styling is tacky.

On the positive side, over the past year, Vanity Fair has continued to make an effort to feature new people - for them - on the cover, rather than use the same faces over and over again.
I feel like there's an attempt being made at Vanity Fair and I have to appreciate that. Does it make me want to buy the magazine? No. But the covers are less horrific than before. They seem to be choosing celebrities who make sense to have on the cover of Vanity Fair (vs other Conde Nast editions).

I wish it was Zoe Saldana instead, who is the one getting Oscar buzz.

The styling on the cover is atrocious. I checked her profile and apparently here's the full ed (the nightmare keeps getting worse:(

Bored glamazon doing housework is a formula I like, for a fashion spread. Not sure Selena is selling it, though. She’s looking very…. baby-faced. I admire the attempt to do something different, though. And congrats to her on making it to the Billionaires club.

My favourite Selena Gomez cover remains the April 2017 issue of American Vogue, which is proving hard to beat. However, I don't mind the sight of this. Those brown tones are gorgeous, love the warmth, the lighting, the slight sultry mood, the Prada and the beauty styling. For me, the image itself just needed rotated slightly to the right.

indeed a different angle as @vogue28 mentioned, would’ve done wonders but unfortunately this what we got and it turned out to be very very average.

I love this cover, she's doing so well in her career in her exective producer bag.
I see a lot of negativity in the comments, that is unneccessary. This is cute, and well done.

Her Vogue covers of the past were super fire, this is VF, so let's consider the source and keep it moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->