US Vanity Fair September 2006 : Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus

So what do you think? Is this issue worth buying? And how much is VF on newstands. Thank you :flower:

398 pgs

Ads:
Gucci - 4 pgs
Calvin Klein Jeans - 4 pgs
Louis Vuitton - 4 pgs
Giorgio Armani - 4 pgs
Dior - 2 pgs
Bottega Veneta - 2 pgs
Burberry - 2 pgs
Yves Saint Laurent - 2 pgs
Ralph Lauren - 3 pgs
Prada - 2 pgs
David Yurman - 2 pgs
Michael Kors - 2 pgs
Tod's - 2 pgs
Prada (Men) - 2 pgs
BCBG Max Azria - 2 pgs
Ann Taylor - 2 pgs
Gucci - 1 pg
Chloe - 4 pgs
Tommy Hilfiger - 3 pgs
MaxMara - 2 pgs
John Varvatos - 2 pgs
Elie Tahari - 2 pgs
Oscar de la Renta - 2 pgs
Tse - 2 pgs
Juicy Couture - 8 pgs
Hugo Boss - 4 pgs
Gap - 12 pgs
MaxStudio - 2 pgs
Hermes - 5 pgs
Cole Haan - 2 pgs
Dolce & Gabbana - 4 pgs
Banana Republic - 4 pgs
Adriano Goldschmied - 2 pgs
Daniel Swarovski - 1 pg
DKNY - 6 pgs
Jil Sander - 1 pg
Versace - 4 pgs
Donna Karan - 3 pgs
Salvatore Ferragamo - 4 pgs
Elie Tahari (Men) - 2 pgs
Fendi - 3 pgs
Jimmy Choo - 1 pg
Guess - 4 pgs
Ports 1961 - 4 pgs
St. John - 8 pgs

More to come....

Highlights:

Best Dressed List - 18 pgs

The Silent Beauty - Kate Moss ed. 8 pgs

Something About Sofia - Sofia Coppola ed. 4+ pgs.

Celluloid Collections Ph. Mark Seliger - Ed consists of 4 brands modeled after a certain movie: Prada (Mischa Barton) - Cat People, Junya Watanabe (members of New York Red Bulls soccer team) - Taxi Driver, Balenciaga (Jeisa, Jacquetta, Anouck, Diana D, Theodora Richards) - Qui Etes-Vous Polly Maggoo?, Dolce & Gabbana (?) - Ludwig. 8 pgs

Lips Together, Knees Apart - Actor Rupert Everett reports on the spring/summer 2007 men's collections. 4 pgs

Keepers of the Flame Ph. Arthur Elgort - Article about the St. Petersburg Vaganova Ballet Academy by Mikhail Baryshnikov. 6 pgs

Overall: A very good issue. Lots of style coverage and lots of great ads.

I picked it up today, and so far it's a fun read. But, it took me less than 10 mins to get through half the issue and finally reach the contents. The first half of magazine is just ads (as lovely as some are) and the editior's letter, contributors and letters... over half the magazine. The content only begins in the second half and there is really only a handful of pages dedicated to style. I'm glad I got the issue, I just wish there was more content especially on style....

Who photographed the editorial of Sofia Coppola, and are poisible scans the ads of St.Jhon with Abgelina, thanks in advance

Here are a few of the St. John ads:

rweewrwrtj9.th.jpg

rwryw5.th.jpg

rwrwrwff8.th.jpg

ONTD

Is the US issue different to the UK issue. I've been looking desparately for the 12pg GAP campaign ad. No joy. If anyone can scan them I will love you forever and ever!:flower:

The Casey Johnson article fascinated me...it's always interesting to read about these young people that grew up with endless bank accounts.

great issue.lots of interesting things to read,alhough i hoped it'll b more bout style and less politics since its called style issue

ShoeGal4Eva said:
great issue.lots of interesting things to read,alhough i hoped it'll b more bout style and less politics since its called style issue

I guess you kind of can't avoid it, though, because it's also (Coincidentally) the September issue...:doh:

thats true.i just thought it will be more like vogue than nytimes this month since its called THE style issue.neverthelss,perhaps ppl who never read articles like that would read n bush dad and 9/11 and al qaeada,cuz they bought the issue cuz of kate on cover.so i guess its a good thing.of all glossies,vanity fair is the most educatig in a subtle way.new yorker it isnt of course,but still pretty solid articles somtimes

finally, Kate on a cover! Let's not forget Linda's cover of VOgue last month!!! Death to actresses on covers!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->