• November : Penélope Cruz

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • December : Robert Pattinson

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • None of Them

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest, there isn't one cover that I really like. But I think Gisele's one is the best.

I like Cruz's too...and Gisele but i liked the one Gisele did in 2007.

I voted Tina Fey, but I love Farrah, too ( just because it's Farrah)

VF was so boring this year and no Pat on cover will change it. It was a year of dead ppl on their covers - i understood Mj cover but what about JO or Heath - pointless.

None of these covers have really stood out to me, or made me want to pick up a copy.
But I voted for Robert Pattinson's because I really like the layout and colours of the cover.

I voted for Cate's, just because it's a classic VF cover - classy, beautiful, glamorous. But God, what an awful year for the magazine. Not one but four memorial covers? (And not one but 3 Madoff-related "exposés" advertised on the covers?) They really need to inject some creativity into the process - Cate's may be a good example of a classic, by-the-book Vanity Fair cover looking great, but on the other hand you have Penelope's (all the same qualities as Cate's but just falls way off the mark)

Also, I actually kinda liked Jessica Simpson's from a purely visual point of view. It was quite interesting - but I fiercely object in principle to her even being near the society pages of the magazine let alone the cover so there's no way I would consider voting for it.

I picked for Jacqueline Kennedy. I think she represents the magazine really well. PERFECT combination between style and politics.

They had truly awful covers this year, i like Cate's only, and not even that crazy about it.

I vote for the Mad Men cover that never was...that photo series would've been great for them had Farrah and Michael not died.

Gisele because she knows how to deliver in a photograph, did her job the best and that's what helped make it the best cover. VF was lackluster with their job though with the covers.

Cruz, Cate, Obama & Tina were the best of what has been a really terrible year of covers for VF, I voted for Penelope

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at all those covers together is a reminder of how lacklustre the magazine has been in terms of visual impact this year. Some of the choices have been interesting, but perhaps not that appealing in terms of the end result.

Despite being an apparent "poor seller", Gisele's is the one that works for me.

I liked Tina Fey's cover but I voted for Gisele's.

The Jessica Simpson cover just puzzles me still, after all these months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->