Vanity Fair 'The Hollywood Issue' 2021 by Maurizio Cattelan & Pierpaolo Ferrari

Good God, lol! The worst Vanity Fair cover, ever. And they've had some shoddy covers over the years.
There's not a single positive point I can think of. Not even the styling.

This is probably Radhika's idea of 'fun'. What a joke this magazine has become. Covers like these explain why they print 110-page issues.

Well it’s certainly different.

This so bad, like People magazine bad. If you can't do group photoshoot, at least give them a solo cover. Everything look so fan-made.

Radhika wanting to join the creativity issue badly.

Terrible terrible terrible.

Yikes. I guess this is what happens when you can't get everyone in the same room.

Actually looking at the second and third fold those pictures don't look so bad - the main one is just so busy and messy. There should've been just three people.

So in a year where the pundits predict so many of the older actresses for award season, not a single one is featured. Instead stead we get someone as overrated as Zendaya, who btw delivered an awful performance in Malcolm and Marie (the film and JDW was great, but not her performance). Because it's all about hype.

They could at the very least have included Frances.

So in a year where the pundits predict so many of the older actresses for award season, not a single one is featured. Instead stead we get someone as overrated as Zendaya, who btw delivered an awful performance in Malcolm and Marie (the film and JDW was great, but not her performance). Because it's all about hype.

They could at the very least have included Frances.
Frances doesn't really do much press - a recent New York Times profile and a surprise Vogue Magazine cover (which were probably set up on her own terms) but not much else.

It's weird that they have so few contenders from this year - no Viola Davis, Carey Mulligan, Vanessa Kirby, Amanda Seyfried, Andra Day, Glenn Close, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun or Maria Bakalova. But they have two contenders from last year: Awkwafina and Charlize Theron. Dan Levy and Michaela Coel give the cover a nice zeitgeisty twist but unfortunately that ended up on the last fold.

The cover version of the meme: Graphic design is my passion.
It’s so ugly that I kind of like it.

Reactions: KoV
I like it but then again, I´m a fan of Ferrari´s work for Kenzo :smile:
Charlize looks so out of place with that styling though...

Oh, wow! That looks like some fan arts of Drag Race legends that I used to see on Instagram.

The only thing that I compliment about this cover is the casting. Props to them for putting Lakeith and Michaela here.

This is fabulous! It's fun and doesn't take itself too serious, something we really need these days. Obviously delighted to see Michaela here! And nice addition of Dan as well.

glorious times when Annie Leibovitz signed almost every Hollywood issue cover (apart from Norman Jean Roy in 2011, Mario Testino in 2012, Bruce Weber in 2013 with excellent results) under Graydon Carter, this is a disaster, I would have loved to Tim Walker, the result would have been amazing and even a debut for him for Vanity Fair (even if his first cover was that of Emma Watson a few years ago) another thing missing from the Carter era is Jessica Diehl who has signed for years the covers with his style. this cover is a disaster, and it's also Charlize Theron's first time on a Hollywood issue cover

I’m just happy to see another sight of Michaela. She should’ve been in W’s Best Performances Issue though so we could’ve at least been served an individual cover from her.

The cast could’ve been more inspired. Where’s Steven Yeun and Tahar Rahim? Leslie Odom Jr.? Anya Mother-f-in’ Taylor Joy? Glenn Close (despite Hillbilly Elegy being a laughing stock)?

Instead we got last year’s contenders? Lol

And the less said about the art direction, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->