Vans Slip-on Excursion.

Discussion in 'Sneakers/Trainers' started by wyatt., Feb 11, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

so i look down at the person below my locker's shoes and i want them sooooooo bad.

they were red and orange burlap or tweed VANS SLIP ONS.

ahh i love vans slip ons sooooo much.

i have these and a white pair.

i tried to find them online but i couldn't. does anyone know what shoes i'm talking about? and if so where i can get them?

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

2. Luna

Luna offline.

Love the slip ons. My friend Terry has the ones you are speaking of. I'll ask him where he got them tomorrow.

3. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

gracias.

4. hilfiger10025

hilfiger10025 New Member

I loved slip ons when i was like 5 I didnt know they made them for adults!!! ill have to check them out

but come to think of it..i have seen them at "skate shops" like Zumiez or Hot Topic..stores i was dragged beaten and kicked into

5. mouko

mouko New Member

I have a LOT of van slip ons..I love them. There are a lot of limited edition styles here in san francisco, A-life editions [ a life nyc ] are my favorite, they're the checkered ones, but instead of being black and white, they're brown and blue and they are checkered all over (instead being white in the sides like normal ones)

There are also "furry" ones that are checkered brown and light brown (I forget who collaborated with them for this one) and special hand screened ones by an artist whos name slips my mind..but they run about 100.00 and are pretty nice (they have octupi and floral designs on them..)

I've been drawing on white ones myself...maybe I'll post some pics sometime.

6. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

welcome mouko :flower:

may i also add that whoever is in london should visit the flagship store on carnaby street where you can find the LUELLA collection :heart:

7. Luna

Luna offline.

Hm... I thought I had replied... but i guess the site got trafficy when I went to post.

My friend said he bought them downtown in Soho.. on broadway... David Z.. But there are like 4 david Z's in NY.

8. passthepep

passthepep New Member

hey,
    im in love with the same shoes. i have been hoplessly checking ebay every day for them. i know right now that there are a few pairs, not my size though. maybe yours. if so you might be able to snag a good pair for about 20. good luck. :heart:

9. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

www.Zappos.com has a lot of Vans slip-ons - sometimes lim.edt.ones, too-

10. agirlcalledk1ll

agirlcalledk1ll New Member

i'm not sure if they're the same kind, but i've had a pair of pink/orange burlap-ish slip-ons for a while now + they were my favorite. but i run my sneakers into the ground, so they're kinda unwearable at the mo'.

i got REALLY excited when i saw another pair at the vans outlet store (for cheap, too), but they were a 10 ... which isn't my size...(i was normally a 9...but i've lost weight + my feet shrunk (?! weird, i know.). so a 10 womens wouldn't even be close...

i'm not sure if they have vans outlets anywhere else...that would be a good place to check...

11. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

welcome mouko :flower:

may i also add that whoever is in london should visit the flagship store on carnaby street where you can find the LUELLA collection :heart: [/b][/quote]
    Will do

12. secondly

secondly New Member

I know this is a dead topic, but I've got the classics, Hemp ones (in the silvery grey), the green checkered ones, and ones with skulls on them (to be ironic). I don't like wearing them in a lot of situations though, because a lot of people have turned them into a really bad trend and put them out of context.

13. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

lets revive this thread. I work at Urban Outfitters and I wear mine pretty much everyday. I have 2 pairs of checkered ones and the all black and all white ones.

14. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

here is Ashley Olsen rocking the all white slip ons.

[​IMG]

credit: thesuperficial.com

15. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

I can't stand the white ones because they are too plain. The checkered ones are lame too. :p No hard feelings, lmelanie. :flower:

I love the black ones. I don't like the black ones with the black rubber too. No thank you.

16. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

^its cool.:ninja::ninja::innocent: which ones do you like?

17. iLoveCouture

iLoveCouture catch me if you can

I love Vans and have worn them since I was little b/c I used to skateboard. I still rock the lace ups on a regular basis. I like the slip ons in bright colors!

18. ms-nietzsche

ms-nietzsche New Member

^I used to wear Vans all the time when I used to skateboard too! ^_^
    Haven't owned a pair for ages, although I've been meaning to get a pair of the plain white ones for awhile...

19. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

I have some with multi-colored petals. :blush: LOVE 'EM. I don't remember where I even got them but when I go into Zumiez or Pacsun, all the styles are similar: checkered or what not.

20. pixie_dust

pixie_dust New Member

There was a vans thread on here? My kind of place! I love them I have three pairs! I even have a handbag from vans lol! How lame is that? :p
    And I'm buying a new pair next month! I'm excited:D