Velvet bags for Fall

Lena said:
Paris is already full of velvet and cordroy(sp.. possitive) winter bags , teal and burgundy and plum :wink:

personally i'll keep away, i think those will be everywhere ..too predictably popular and obvious

Maybe Paris is full of it, but I feel pretty damn safe here in redneck-land B)

omg i LOVE that velvet chanel... gorgeous. initially i liked the velvet fendi spys but now they've lost their appeal... a little too crazy for me.

marc by marc jacobs has some velvet bags (from neimanmarcus.com), $198

NM-0F9U_an.jpg
NM-0F9U_mn.jpg

marc jacobs collection velvet satchel with rosettes and lizard trim (from marcjacobs.com)...featured in the f/w show

9v9r8g.jpg

bcbg velvet satchel with chain handle in teal and rust, $228 (from bcbg.com)

9v9rol.jpg

that quilted velvet bag looks VERY similar to the quilted nylon bags that prada did...
the quilted mj rosette bag would make a very cute evening bag... esp in black.

Velvet looks so luxurious. I have a feeling that velvet bags would be hard to maintain, and keep fuzzies, pet hair and lint off of them. I'd carry a lint brush in a velvet bag for sure.

luxmode said:
this ysl bag seems to be mostly velvet:
:woot: love that!
YSL by Pilati is doing some great bags every season, my favorites without a doubt. ^_^

I love the idea of a big velvet bag that I can also use as a pillow on buses/trains/planes.
Blue velvet as a tribute to Mr. Lynch, or black velvet as a tribute to bad songs.

Thanks, Kimair!!!

:woot: Wow, I love that velvet MJ one. I wonder if it's big enough to get anything into ... lovely. I looked thru the show pix again and didn't see it ... please share the fairy dust you're sprinkling on the MJ site to get this cool stuff to appear :D

I'd seen the Marc by Marc, and like it, but would like it better with a bit of an upgrade to the materials and construction. Somehow it looks lots better in your pix, maybe because they're smaller :smile: I should probably check it out in person & see for sure what's going on.

Thanks again :flower:

Can a mod please delete this thread? i jsut realized there's already a thread for velvet handbags for fall. Sorry about that. And thank you.

shambles said:
Can a mod please delete this thread? i jsut realized there's already a thread for velvet handbags for fall. Sorry about that. And thank you.

done :flower:

i really like the blue Be&D... did u get the pics off a site?

Aww, velvet bags are in now!...I've been making my own velvet bags for years, when they weren't sold...will I just be "trendy" now? :( It's okay...I've always loved velvet...I'll always wear velvet...

By the way I love the Chanel one Rhiannonmars posted!

Fashionista-ta, I like this one by Vanessa Bruno! I saw them at the store in red, dark green, gray and pink. They come in two sizes. From vanessabruno.co.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
Melisande said:
Fashionista-ta, I like this one by Vanessa Bruno! I saw them at the store in red, dark green, gray and pink. They come in two sizes. From vanessabruno.co.jp

grey?!?!...... :woot: :heart:

The price is 19,000 yen which is approximately 200 dollars. It was so soft and cushy...:heart:

Yes, grey... soft AND grey :lol: ! I'm so embarassed, in my haste I forgot to specify that I *saw* the red and powder pink in two sizes, but *heard* they have gray and dark green... :blush: Beige-gray were the words used...it sounds nice huh? I emerged from the shop all in a fluster, wishing I could buy the entire collection!

I think that valvet is not good material for winter (if you live in Europe)
wet, rain, snow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->