Veronique Branquinho Homme '04

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Veronique Branquinho, presented her imaculate menswear collection in her Paris showroom, here few visuals from the collection, some ultra cool shoes from her showroom and info on her first ever boutique in Antwerp. Both visuals and quoted article from FWD

Paris June 27, 2003
Branquinho doesn't design for peacock males. In spite of a recurring mood in the clothing she says, "I never design like that. I'm not a theme-type designer." While sometimes the creative energies to pull ideas through for a women's wear collection feels like "giving birth," for men it's a different story. "I design things I would like to see a man wearing," she says simply.

She's quite happy showing the collection in the showroom, by the way, so don't expect a runway show anytime soon. Branquinho finds the whole notion of men parading down a catwalk "walking funny" faintly ridiculous. And in order to stop everything becoming "a bit cute," she introduced heavy, yet soft, leather boots.

From winter wools, tweeds and soft pea coats, there's a vague retro mood in the air for spring at Branquinho, with mercerized cotton polo shirts and motor racing jackets (sans advertising) in faded cottons or thick leather channeling the spirit of James Stewart on and off the track.

Perfect casual trench coats in washed out cottons or more formal ones in waterproofed black only go to prove Sydney J. Harris' statement that, "Almost every man looks more so in a belted trench coat." With simple clothes it was all in the details, and those details included chic jersey, pin-tucked track pants with piping, or empty squares for sparse advertising on knitted racing tops.

Formerly selling her women's wear at Colette in Paris, Branquinho has recently jumped ship to rival store Maria Luisa, which is turning over its windows to her winter men's collection during the current round of shows.

A retail buzz in her veins, Branquinho will be able to keep her clothes in the windows when she opens her first store in Antwerp August 7. At that time, Nationale Straat, 73, will be the site of the opening party for the 70-square-meter boutique at the Flanders Fashion Institute.

Hello Lena,

Oh my word am I drooling!!! I think I am with her on this being the way she likes men to dress. It utterly sexy to being truly elegant without feeling confinement-nonchalance.

So agree on Bernhard-yuck!

S****

hello and welcome scott* :wink:
did you checked the Bernhard thread here at FS?

Yes I saw it. Hmmm...i would have expected something slightly better from him. He seems to have gone off with his menswear. Unlike,Branquinho and V&R, its a departure to the worst of things. Not a big fan so far.

Sorry about that sentence btw...my mind went from one thing to another in the middle of typing.

*Scott*

:o excellent. i agree 100% NO PEACOCK MALES men she be sexy at ease no thousand dolar mr. roper, please. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
regbijs123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->