Versace Debt -the Facts

That's a lot of power for an 18 year old. I hope she's up to it. :unsure:

it seems a little cheap that dontella is the designer of the company and owns less than the other two.

it doesn't seem fair. especially her daughter owning more than her.

weird.

Originally posted by loserunit@Mar 26th, 2004 - 5:30 pm
it seems a little cheap that dontella is the designer of the company and owns less than the other two.

it doesn't seem fair. especially her daughter owning more than her.

weird.
its not a matter of 'fair' its a matter of inheritance

if Gianni was alive maybe she was going to be completly out of the Versace shares..

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 26th, 2004 - 12:19 pm
if Gianni was alive maybe she was going to be completly out of the Versace shares..
can you explain why, i'm just curious.. and don't really understand :doh:

not a Versace expert here but if i remember well, Donatella was only assisting with the Versus line before her brother's death, i guess shares came after the tragic miami event.. and most of them went to Allegra who Gianni adored

i'm sure someone else may have better info on this :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 26th, 2004 - 6:11 pm
not a Versace expert here but if i remember well, Donatella was only assisting with the Versus line before her brother's death, i guess shares came after the tragic miami event.. and most of them went to Allegra who Gianni adored

i'm sure someone else may have better info on this :ninja:
No Donatella was in in charge of the Versus casual wear line as well as accessories. She was named head designer for Versus in the early 1990's He created the Versus line for Donatella...And around 1993 she stared creating the children's line, Versace Young.

I think this is a pic of Allegra with madonna
DOes anyone have a recent pic of the poor lil rich girl?
B) B) B)

strollerdonatelladaughter.jpg

wasn't someone wondering what donetella looked like young?

well this is her...well...younger.

alle1.jpg

im obviously in the minority here but i love donatella's work...........her designs are more wearable than gianni's and theyre very innovative compared to other menswear from gucci. YSL, prada etc....

i hope they can get thru their problems and dont have to close any stores, especially the one here in philadelphia

dl

somebody can tell me the day of the versace men autumn/winter fashion show in MILAN? i disperateeeee!!

you know...as far as i can tell...despite everyone trying to paint a rosy picture...pretty much every company is suffering from low sales...it's finally starting to get to the point where people can't keep pretending everyting is okay and hoping that it will turn around...steps have to be taken...the industry is in serious trouble...here's your proof, if anyone had any doubts...
In school we've discussed how Prada has had a large influence on other designer collections, but the company itself isn't making any money really. I think the attempted solution for this was secondary lines like Kors, Calvin Klein, etc. that are a bridge price point. However, I remember reading how these lines innitially did well, but now there's an oversaturation of the market leading to few sales all around.

Looks like I have plenty to look foaward to when I graduate in '06 :cry:

dl20 said:
im obviously in the minority here but i love donatella's work...........her designs are more wearable than gianni's and theyre very innovative compared to other menswear from gucci. YSL, prada etc....
i :heart: u for loving her work :flower:

4 me donatella is my hero, just yesterday i were in her office, i met donatella's assistant (he's nice :P) but she weren't there.
i hope every day to meet her.
she's a great person! i love her sooooooo much!
today i have to send a fax (asking for a stage) and i hope they' will reply!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->