Versace F/W 10.11 : Anna Selezneva, Iselin Steiro & Valerija Kelava by Mario Testino

It's been quite a while since I liked a Versace campaign so I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the fact that it's different than their usual ads, let alone the fact it looks just...cool, however silly and overused that word may appear sometimes. I actually love the fact that these are b&w. I wasn't much of a fan of the collection so not missing the colour at all.

re: casting, it is a bit random but I don't mind it. Even Valerija Kelava who is such an unlikely choice doesn't look so bad in her solo shots, I just don't think she meshes quite well with Iselin, her poses leave much to be desired for in their shots together. Over the moon about the fact that Anna S finally got a big campaign though! :clap:

Hands down the most interesting (and imo the best) campaign that Testino has done in the 5 years he's been shooting for Versace. The whole look of this suits the collections perfectly. There's an edge to this campaign that's been missing from Versace's ads since the Meisel days.

Hands down the most interesting (and imo the best) campaign that Testino has done in the 5 years he's been shooting for Versace. The whole look of this suits the collections perfectly. There's an edge to this campaign that's been missing from Versace's ads since the Meisel days.

I agree. To have this campaign in color would've had a completely different effect, IMO. This is more raw, edgy, and a sort of glamorous grunge look to the campaign which I really appreciate it. It isn't so in your face, and in a way makes you look twice, because it isn't something you'd immediately expect from Versace. For that alone I think the campaign is successful.

I love it! The casting, the poses. Could be better if it had colors thoughs

great for valerija and iselin! i like this a lot.

I also see the burberry simlarity. Wish they were in colour. The cropped shots are good though

Amazing casting! Anna S, Iselin & Valerija:heart:
I'm so happy for Valerija. She got the major campaign Prada & Versece!

I'm not really getting the Burberry comparison. Burberry is full of kids. And they usually do colours. And their models are too underdeveloped to even form angry expressions. These ads are far edgier than any Burberry ad I've seen.

At first I was a bit apprehensive to this black and white. But the more I look at it the the more I love it. It brings out the edginess that was in the show. It also allows the detailing in the clothes to be noticed.

I love the cast especially Iselin and Anna.

This is certainly different...
I actually love the black/white because you focus more on the styling, and texture of everything, but I really wish it would've been shot outdoors.
I think the b/w+multiple models+studio shot+Testino combo is certainly reminiscent of Burberry but I agree the vibe is totally different.
And yay for Iselin.

Burberry no have comparation with this guys are very diferents

I have so many things to get off my chest about this campaign!
It'a absolutely phenomenal! :heart::heart::heart: Finally a campaign that's actually good from Versace. Loved the collection so I'm definitely happy the campaign is serving the collection some justice. PLus, can Testino get a round of applause cause I haven't been interested in his work since ever until now. It's all very dark, mysterious, youthful, but staying truly glamorous and cool. I'm so happy Anna Selezneva is here! I always associated her as a Versace type of gurl. She has the "cool" and "edge" that makes her quintessentially Versace. Iselin is also another big surprise, but the girl looks so stunning paired with Anna. Such a perfect duo. Valerija is so out of left field, but it's great to know that she actually looks great here. I'd never associate her with the brand but it's good knowing she's definitely working it here and fits perfectly with the whole mood they were going. She definitely adds that mysteriousness to it.

ps. only minor negative I have towards this is the black and white. Color would've been perfect, considering the usage of so many metallics and colors in the collection. Would've been lovely to see those metallic minis and dresses sparkle with full on color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I usually don't care for Versace and their ads, but this is different indeed.

As much as I don't really feel the shots as a campaign, I'm in love with the cast and this makes those shots for me. All the girls look stunning, especially Anna S. (such a perfect choice!) and Valerija. So beautiful :heart:

If this is the 'new look' Versace, I do NOT like it.
The show was one easily one of their worst in history, the model choices there were not good and this looks like lookbook to me.
Versace and B&W are not a good match........it has worked before in the glorious studio shots by the master Richard Avedon, but this was with Kristen, Karen Elson etc.....nothing against these girls, and I'm especially happy to see Anna S. here, but this just doesn't have the Versace vibe. Maybe this was what they were looking to achieve and if this is the direction the brand is going for.....then that's fine, but personally this is one company that should stick with the 'tried and tested'.
I have had gripes with Testino's ads for Versace.....especially the Kate/Cat pics:ninja: and at least these pics have some edge and the models express that, so I believe maybe it is definitely time to change the lensman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Iselin, but those are just boring and look more suitable for Burberry.

I really like it. The clothes look sleek. Taken the tasteless edge off Versace.

If this is the 'new look' Versace, I do NOT like it.
The show was one easily one of their worst in history, the model choices there were not good and this looks like lookbook to me.
Versace and B&W are not a good match........it has worked before in the glorious studio shots by the master Richard Avedon, but this was with Kristen, Karen Elson etc.....nothing against these girls, and I'm especially happy to see Anna S. here, but this just doesn't have the Versace vibe. Maybe this was what they were looking to achieve and if this is the direction the brand is going for.....then that's fine, but personally this is one company that should stick with the 'tried and tested'.
I have had gripes with Testino's ads for Versace.....especially the Kate/Cat pics:ninja: and at least these pics have some edge and the models express that, so I believe maybe it is definitely time to change the lensman.

Mario Testino's due by date was up a LONG time ago for Versace. The ONLY campaign that was actually decent from him for Versace was FW08 with Natalia and Isabeli and maybe Fall 2006. The rest were either average (SS08, SS09, SS07) or rubbish (FW07, FW09)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->