Versace F/W 10.11 : Anna Selezneva, Iselin Steiro & Valerija Kelava by Mario Testino

I was so hoping for Natasha to get this campaign, so I'm obviously gutted she's not in it. On the other hand, I'm also glad for Iselin, Valerija and especially Anna!
I wasn't a huge fan of it when I saw the first image yesterday, but seeing them all together, I think the campaign looks very good.

Testino darling only Avedon could have pulled off something like this and make it work. FAIL!

The clothes look very different in black & white to me. If I were a customer I might find the ad misleading.

And I can see why some may compare this to Burberry - the clothes seem much more somber, with metallic accessories... And let's face it Anna and Iselin are definitely not the typical Versace bombshells.

Interesting new direction for Versace. Not sure if it's the right direction, but the images are good.

Well this is definitely such a huge improvment from Georgia horribly tacky upside down ads,but it would have looked MUCH better in colours
Just look how great this dresses would have been in print
The model casting is pretty random though,none of them is a real Versace girl
versace.3.00080h-2010.02.27.02.06.47.758817_base.jpg
versace.3.00150h-2010.02.27.02.03.12.531755_base.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
i am so glad that Iselin gets it. As to the ad itself, i don't think B&W are the right colours for VERSACE.

Maby i like the tag of Versace are in the photo in fluor or in gold

The casting is awesome. I don't know about the black and white, it hides the ugly colors of the clothes :ninja: But there are so many pictures. Maybe it's just weird seeing them all together, it'll probably be better in print.

Mario Testino's due by date was up a LONG time ago for Versace. The ONLY campaign that was actually decent from him for Versace was FW08 with Natalia and Isabeli and maybe Fall 2006. The rest were either average (SS08, SS09, SS07) or rubbish (FW07, FW09)

No are igree about he have great campaings in Versace the best are SS2009 ,SS2007, FW2008 and the worst FW2007 but say no have great thing is very ridiculous

I think it would be better if they were in color. But really nice model casting.

I'm very surprise about the cast and the black and white pictures... but well that's great!

I don't know why everybody is so surprised to see Iselin casted for this. She's been a regular at the Versace runway for many years and has a long running fragrance campaign for Versace.

I just wonder who styled this campaign, it looked really good i love the change it looked raw and rock n roll.

The styling is Joe Mckena

luv the direction...young and edgey. this is what burberry sud be like!

^ When you put it that way, it makes me realize that this is exactly what Burberry should be like, not Versace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"