Versace F/W 2016.17 : Gigi Hadid & Karlie Kloss by Bruce Weber

I didn't bother to open up the images before, but now I have questions! Gigi and Karlie both look mature for their age, but no way in hell is anyone going to believe they are mothers. There are plenty of "older" models who would have made this more convincing.

And it's great that they're portraying an interracial family, but how are we expected to believe that Gigi and a (presumably) multiracial man produced a Black baby girl? Also, would it hurt to have just an all-Black (or Asian or Latinx) family shown? It's like they need some white presence to validate the whole thing.

Adoption? Surrogacy? :lol:

I think this is absolutely cringe-worthy and a terrible cast. I'm shocked at how bad Karlie looks, she should definitely look better. I think someone like Rosie or Magdalena would have brought a more elegant edge to the campiagn because Karlie just looks like she's forgotten how to model and Gigi isn't even worth commenting about.

This is such a hot mess, looks like a JC Penny's catalogue from the 90's. Hideous campaign.

I honestly think Dilone's shot is the best from this catalogue :rolleyes:
(congrats to her for booking the campaign, btw)

The shirtless guy is just tired Bruce Weber fodder at this point that he’s even done better for A&F.

Dilone’s is the only decent one, but the lighting and logo placement gives me a cheap wine ad feel.

I'm no prude, but I always found Weber's homoerotic nuances quite senseless most of the time. I've always tried to reason what the point of it all was, maybe it's purely a manifestation of his (supposed) latent homosexuality? Anyway, it worked for A&F (part of the reason why I'd rather jump under a moving bus than wear any of their crap), but it's actually annoying when he weaves it into most of his work.

And :lol: @ the cheap wine ad comparison, very apt!

Last edited by a moderator:
PHOTOGRAPHER: BRUCE WEBER
MODELS: GIGI HADID, KARLIE KLOSS, DILONE, MARCUS WATTS, SONNY OLIVIERA & OTHERS
DESIGNER: DONATELLA VERSACE
STYLING: JACOB K
HAIR: ORLANDO PITA
MAKE-UP: GUCCI WESTMAN

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

^ Everything about this campaign is just gross, Bruce should not be photographing any Versace campaign ever, so taky, the logo, the set, the poses, the cast UGH NO :sick:!!!!

^^^ Bruce has always defined the Versace ideal so achingly beautifully going back to the 80s: It’s the stuff of fashion dreams that's spawned the Adonis- complex. All anyone needs to do is google that untoppable fashion alchemy the the two names created if they’ve forgotten. Versace wouldn’t be where they are without the branding of Bruce.

This… this is the definition of burnt out. There’s no passion in any of the images— and made even worse by the supermarket, outdated graphic design. And when grouped together as a series— it’s just even more hollow and bland. This is where fashion goes to die.

All I can think of when I look at Dilone's shot is 'watch me whip..., now watch me...'. Dear Lord...I am a fan of Bruce's work but he's more miss than hit this decade and there are times when the undone quality of his images don't work.

Mind you I find that Gigi shot hilarious now thanks to whoever it was who compared her to a senile woman being taken home by a charitable family :lol:.

HORRIFYING!!!

Good Lord! I mean, I'm all for switching things up, because God knows we didn't need another Mert & Marcus nightmare, but this is pitiful. What's worse than the cheap photography, amateur graphic design and ridiculous narratives is how much this whole production wreaks of desperation!! Casting Gigi and Karlie and having them prance around as PC Police-approved multi-racial families and Working Moms who HAVE IT ALL!, ugh, it's just so obvious and transparent and it's all just BuzzFeed-bait.

Truly BASIC! All of it!

This… this is the definition of burnt out. There’s no passion in any of the images— and made even worse by the supermarket, outdated graphic design. And when grouped together as a series— it’s just even more hollow and bland. This is where fashion goes to die.

Is 2016 the year when everything got much worse than we ever imagined it could? Weber is burnt-out, Testino is dull, Kate Moss is tired, Meisel's lost his magic, Vogue Italia seems irrelevant, magazines give you six bad covers a month instead of one good one... if someone had told me ten or twenty years ago, that the fantasy world of fashion would eventually become trite beyond belief, at least I would have had a head start in taking up another interest.

I prefer the cheesy 80's shots to the "family" "real life woman" shots.
Weber did much more modern things at Vuitton. His campaigns were fresh but i don't understand why this feels so vintage.

Weber, like Avedon, Ritts, Meisel and Testino defined an important era of Versace. It's a bit sad to not see it that well executed even if i like most of it.

Klein campaign was good. Better than what M&M did. She should get back to him.

That moment when you don't think it can get any worse, and then it does.

Is 2016 the year when everything got much worse than we ever imagined it could? Weber is burnt-out, Testino is dull, Kate Moss is tired, Meisel's lost his magic, Vogue Italia seems irrelevant, magazines give you six bad covers a month instead of one good one... if someone had told me ten or twenty years ago, that the fantasy world of fashion would eventually become trite beyond belief, at least I would have had a head start in taking up another interest.

Total off-topic but Meisel had been terribly for at least 4 years or so...:lol:

I couldn't get tired of the whole salesmen thing :Pink: besides that, I quite like the b&w set very artsy =)

Who are the guys in Gigi's and Karlie's 'family' shots? They are both hawt!
Other than that; I don't really know what to say about this campaign as a whole. I'm truly confused.

[Piece Of Me];13632189 said:
Who are the guys in Gigi's and Karlie's 'family' shots? They are both hawt!

In Gigi's is Marcus Watts.

So the whole campaign is Chicago inspired? How random for Versace!!
Dilone must have more shots, judging by the video.

Really?
dLfPsSw.png

imgur.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->