Versace F/W 2018.19 Milan

Nice crap...
- First part is ripped off straight from Clueless movie
- Again with those Fenty x Puma x Versace scarves
- Every bold ballgown ruined by adding those tacky Versace t-shirt underneath
- Those headscarf dresses are horrendous. If you have to go for hijab just do it properly and cast a muslim model
Even the basic cast can't elevate this crap

vogue

Wow, the decline from F/W 2008 to this. We need new trends.

This is probably her worst collection. Lots of ugly, gimmicky pieces. She should leave the sporty concept and come back to pure glamour. I loved headscarf dresses. I also wish she had focused more on look that Binx wore. (Look and learn Demna!) Did you notice that Prada has designed similar shoes?

great show, love the energy ! i love all the check especially

Nice crap...
- Those headscarf dresses are horrendous. If you have to go for hijab just do it properly and cast a muslim model

Versace popularized those kind of looks in the 90s lol, so its self referencing in a way.

I get where all the hate comes from, but I can't help but LOVE IT! And the cast!

Nice crap...
What are u talking about?? That wasnt hijab. I am glad she didnt use that muslim model who walked for MaxMara.

I liked the 90s throwback looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is this collection? none of it looks even remotely flattering

I obviously miss the glamorous and sexy Versace, but that's just not ''in'' nowadays. Every brand has change. Some for the worst, some for the better.

This feels like a decent Gianni tribute. Last season was too literal. She literally re-did his work. This time, she used some of his influence and the spirit of his work and added her own thing/touch, and made it current.

There's a lot of ''I've seen this before'' looks and pieces here, but still. I'm obsessed w/ some of the coats, high heels shoes and boots. Stunning cast.
I'm digging this overall.

not only everything is ugly here (i guess the 90s versace looks are fun, but i didn't like them then and i don't like them now for sure, lol) but pretty much every single look is unflattering as hell? so many looks are downright ill fitting. yikes

Weird collection...
I love the pieces and separates. It’s still heavy on Gianni references and it could be a lot of fun to style.
Also great details and techniques. In the era or Demna and Alessandro, it’s good to see a pouf draped skirt in precious fabrics.

But as a show, it’s a bit lackluster. It feels like a curated Collection designed by the studio.
I miss the drama and the glamour. And the styling is very hits/misses. I mean yes Gianni put sneakers and sporty things on the runway but come on!

So mixed feelings: fabulous clothes and lackluster show. Even the cast doesn’t feel as grand as it could have been.

One thing is sure, Donatella is much more clever at adapting herself to the current state of fashion than Miuccia.

Nice crap...

The «*clueless aesthetic*» is basically Versace & Chanel of the early 90’s which was the most popular and mainstream aesthetic in high fashion in the early 90’s.

The scarves has nothing to do with an hijab. It’s a take on the classic and bourgeois way of wraping scarves since the 50’s.

With all respect, I don’t think Donatella will even look at Fenty. It’s a classic football scarf.

Hm, I can do something with this. The footwear is FANTASTIC and the clothes, at this point, I just thank God that its not overdesigned like some past collections, so good work Donatella.

Nice crap...

This!!!! LOL

Clueless based off its looks from Chanel and Versace in the 90s. You might want to educate yourself in fashion history.

Headscarves? Is this the first time youve seen people use them? Theyve been used to centuries by european women, not just muslims.

Also you have to realize that fashion shows are styled right? That you have to look at every piece, and not in the way the clothes are styled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->