Versace F/W 2019.20 : Kaia, Bente, Anok, Maike & Aliet by Steven Meisel

BAD BAD BAD !!! omg It´s sooooo ugly omg ahaha :rofl:

* 1. Kaia looks like she is 12 first of all AND Versace is supposed to be for elegant and rich older women so this age thing kills it in the campaign

* 2. Whoever did this hair should be fired ASAP :sick:

* 3. Are they kidding with that circus bag???

* 4. That fur looks soooooo fake, I´m against real fur but this fake fur looks so so bad, they should not have used it. Nobody honestly could tell from the Versace team that the coat looked bad??? Nobody???

* 5. Meisel... I... Steven I have been your biggest supporter for yearssssssssssss but this??? :blink: I... I can´t defend it, nobody could have done this shot, it´s a bad one sorry.

I thought it was Julia Nobis at first! I gotta say I want to see more.

I hope that the tacky type of woman they achieved with this styling was intentional, I would like to see more of that direction. I can see local girls wearing cheap looking furs like this with silly fake bags and their hair all messed up and cheap. She could almost be a hooker!
Would be fun to see Meisel explore these territories again.

It's also nice seeing Kaia out of her comfort zone here, it's not a usual look for her. It might not look the best but there's a career ahead of her and it's good to see that she's trying. Also the set and style of the campaign kinda reminds me of his January 2014 cover story for Vogue Italia (not my favorite).

I’m going to wait to see the rest cause ain’t no way Kaia can carry a whole Versace campaign by herself.

I kinda like where this is going... will wait for more images and models.

While I like the idea of the literal 'bag lady', the aesthetic doesn't appeal to me for Versace, but it's also interesting to see Kaia be presented in a new and different way.

I actually like this first image, it's wacky and tacky and it's the fun that's been missing from Versace. The brand seemed to take itself too seriously lately.

Also featuring Bente Oort, Maike Inga, Anok Yai, Yassine Jaajou, Ilja Sizov, Huang Shixin Paul Hameline

100415380-af3b4de8-872a-47a5-943a-93affcc04536.jpg 100415400-0274dae7-d063-4708-a96e-629cc762a26c.jpg 100415425-dbed9d67-18c2-4738-b727-5f892045bb66.jpg 100415399-68bd766c-451e-4df7-abb2-239ecf9dcd9d.jpg
d.repubblica.it

This is by far the ugliest collection and campaign she has ever done. Who in their right mind is going to take a look at this and say "I want it"? Versace is a follower now, and one of the worst offenders which is a shame because for almost 3 decades Versace had a very distinct identity and point of view. There is no sophistication or intelligence. It's become one of the dumbest brands in fashion.

Last edited:
YIKES! That's all too ugly, I don't know where to start.
Well, let's say that the collection was terrible in the first place. It didn't feel Versace or innovative or desirable, it was just a mess.
A good campaign with the right art direction could have made it more appealing, but these images only make it worse! You want to go grunge? Then do it! But make it look fashionable. This is just a bunch of models standing in front of a camera looking bad..
Also the casting is awful. Only Anok could pass as a Versace woman but she's always so boring and stiff. Kaia in a few years and with the right styling, make up and hair ( certainly not this). Maike and Bente don't make sense for Versace, but I have to wait to see Maike's shot to say more.

Only Anok could pass as a Versace woman but she's always so boring and stiff.

In general, a lot of designers seem to have no interest in women other than as a commercial buzzword. The label of "feminism" gets slapped on every overpriced T-shirt they can sell, but as for actually looking like a strong, powerful woman...

Everything seems centred around chasing some marketing fantasy of untapped millions of impressionable young people and the adverts that get produced are correspondingly juvenile in nature. These days, it would be no surprise if Versace followed suit.

So clearly Bente was being borrowed for the Versace ad and UK Vogue editorial all in the same day this was happening, I mean do I even have to point it out?!

I know this is nothing new coming from Steven Meisel, but still...

Bente? Maike? Anok? Sounds like anything but a Versace campaign cast, not even Kaia can save this from being and feeling irrelevant af, i’d rather have Vitto every season in it lol, at least she has star power. Anok baby girl, call miss J and get you some posing classes, what a damn mess. NEXT SEASON PLEASE. BYE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->