Versace F/W 2021.22 Milan

Yet another irrelevant trunk show from Versace. It's so sad that they gave up their identity to become this commercial, sexless and bland. There's literally nothing Versace nor significant about these clothes. The funniest thing here is this "new signature pattern" that looks like a damaged version of Fendi's one. They actually think that it'll be a hit and at the same time the pattern itself looks fake. I think we can thank Michael Kors because it's as sad as Tisci's Burberry.

BTW this show has the worst art direction. They really should have made a lookbook and called it a day.

Bland, but I'm sure it will sell well. I can see all the "influencers"/wannabe influencer wearing this.
I liked the presentation though, the labyrinth was the best part. Gigi's walk opening the show on the other hand.. You'd think she got better after all these years.

have there been any newly launched monograms recently that managed to become a hit?

i get they're really desperate for growth at Capri since all their other brands seem to be failing, not sure if this is the way

I really wanted to like it, but I just cannot. I really do not get what's going on at Versace.

I think this collection is better than the last few seasons, that's it! I also think that she just want to sell considering the majority of the pieces are either hot items from other brands or MK-oriented monogram ones with the addition of some Versace silhouettes!

I liked this more than the last few seasons , much more wearable and some sexier silhouettes but still just not quite there. The new monogram print is also bad

I think for the most part the casting is fine, would have liked more bombshells. Precious Lee and Irina looked gorgeous and sexy, also think mica looks amazing. Gigi looks off and her walk is still just not good enough for a supermodel... she’s had six years to practice! I just can’t help but think if any other regular girl looked as gigi does now and had that walk they wouldn’t be opening and closing, let alone working...

Christ That Discount Fendi Pattern is Horrid...Nothing About this says Versace to me..Tacky...Zero Sexiness...Don't like this at all...

The print could be archival for all I know, but I get some Miuccia by way of Versace vibes from some of this, shoes, prints, styling.

It's better than the last several outings but still not great. More subdued and bit commercial. I wish it was a bit more amped up. Not a lot of actual design in this.

Well, I like it :ninja: To start, it's not an eyesore, which gets some points to me. Also, the Prada FW12 is somehow appealing... Fabulous casting.

The print could be archival for all I know, but I get some Miuccia by way of Versace vibes from some of this, shoes, prints, styling.

The print is actually new.
Versace to unveil new ‘signature’ pattern to reinvigorate brand
Versace will debut a new ‘signature’ pattern for clothes, handbags and other products next month that executives say could singlehandedly reinvigorate the brand.

Versace will debut a new pattern for clothes, handbags and other products next month that executives believe can singlehandedly rejuvenate the Capri Holdings Ltd.-owned label as the luxury market looks to recover from a pandemic-fueled decline.

Designer Donatella Versace has developed a “unique signature pattern” that will be unveiled at her upcoming fashion show in Milan, executives said Wednesday. When the as-yet unseen design arrives at retailers in the fall, the brand plans to pump money into a major marketing campaign around the style.

“I believe that’s going to change the trajectory of the company significantly over the next 24 months,” John Idol, Capri’s chief executive officer, said on a conference call with analysts after reporting third-quarter earnings. Shares of the company, which also owns the Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo labels, jumped as much as 7.6% Wednesday in New York before paring the gains.

Signature patterns can define high-end brands – think Burberry’s tartan or Gucci’s red and green stripes – and have a direct impact on sales. Versace has been trying to find a new hit design to follow the Barocco V, a logo that it has replicated across clothes, handbags, shoes, belts and jewelry.

Idol said executives are building a “more stable base” for Versace that it didn’t have prior to its $2.1 billion acquisition of the Italian label in 2018, by selling more accessories and footwear to improve operating margins. The aesthetic will still be based on runway looks and Donatella Versace’s creative concepts, he said.

“As we build out a base for this company, which the company really over its history hasn’t had compared to our luxury peers, that will improve the profitability dramatically for Versace,” the CEO said.

Versace’s revenue was flat last quarter, outperforming its sister brands Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo, which both posted large declines. Capri’s total adjusted profit of $1.65 a share topped analysts’ estimates.

from aljazeera.com

Ooh, they changed their logo. Groundbreaking!

They should change their design them..then we'll talk.

I liked it a lot! several good pieces.

Donatella could’ve went easy on the prints though. they’re too reminiscent of Fendi and Goyard...
also, STOP with these head scarfs. NO ONE IS WEARING THEM.

I loved the music, the setting and finally, models!

Very underwhelming collection from Versace. Actually I preferred the previous colection, way more fun and funky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->