Versace F/W 2022.23 Milan

Dear lord what the actual f*ck was that? Has she lost her mind? Versace has never looked this cheap. This could pass for a random NYFW designer. It's also the worst styling job I have seen in a long time. Everything was so sleazy, clothes didn't fit properly. Shoulder straps were sloppy. Disgusting.

I like it more than I thought I would, though a lot of the looks felt very current Mugler to me. I really wish she just kept in to 3 colors max for the collection--the occasional grey or nude pieces felt weak among the red, black, blue and greens. I do appreciate the reference to Fall 2002 and Fall 2002 Couture in some of the make up looks.

So, I gotta say this. The models look like they are going to suck your blood. Dark and cheap meets glam. If I didn't know this was Versace, I would of never guessed it was Versace. I feel like she didn't have a point of view for the clothes, but she had a point of view for the makeup - VAMP! I don't think I like the casting either. There is almost too much diversity. I feel hurts the cohesiveness. Get a new casting director. The looks are all over the. place. It doesn't work.

The show can do some editing, but I enjoy this more than the Spring collection.

All the bright neon colors looks can be left out, it doesn't work with the flow of the collection. And those puffer coats are so bulky and stuffy especially on Rianne can also edit out. She needs a new stylist, because Jacob K doesn't work for the brand anymore.

I solely enjoy this because she finally stop relying on archival prints in this collection.

If the collection had opened with that all red look on Bella and kind of had that feeling throughout with better models, this collection would have been AMAZING. I don’t get why Versace is so awful at casting for the past few seasons !

All I can say about this show is, who wants to look like a kettle in 2022? Walking with a hand on a hip is just borderline ridiculous, but so has been Versace. They completely fell out of any fashion conversation and all they can propose to the world now is their platform shoe which is not even that good.

Does Bella Hadid get the strongest look of every show she’s in lol

A Versace show for me is all about high-level sexiness & fierceness...U need a certain calibre of runway walkers to elevate this no disrespect to 90% of these girls but they just don't do it for me .... I must say i thought the clothing was ok but the cast & styling really made this extra flat ...big yawn...

it was messy indeed even if I appreciated some ideas but the cast didn’t help AT ALL. who opened and who closed? can’t recognise the faces (I used to be better at this…)

Donatella needs new blood to work with or to just step aside.
I’ve asked this before: who could replace her? because I can’t think of anyone so someone ‘entirely’ new I guess.

I’ve asked this before: who could replace her? because I can’t think of anyone so someone ‘entirely’ new I guess.
She didn't strike when the iron was hot with either Christopher Kane or Riccardo Tisci. And frankly, here and now, those moments have passed. I feel as though both Kane and Tisci are over the hill, and don't think they would bring anything to the house of Versace now. Kane should have been integrated into the team in a much more solid way back when he did a Versus show or two...that was when he was in his prime. Or Tisci should have gone directly to Versace after Givenchy. But this Burberry tenure has been such a non-event...it's really tarnished his allure.

Who else? No one I can think of.

Donatella amore , there is too much going on

First of all the set was great and the presentation and finale was incredible with all the models posing at the models striking a pose I hope Mert was hiding somewhere secretly shooting this because it could be great campaign images...

I get the Versace atmosphere Donatella tried to exude but she failed it look cheap and dated I do agree with you guys some looks are very NYFW but I also spy very few looks that work like Anok dress & Adut look and I even like Rianne Balenciaga X Gap knockoff ( Gigi looked strong and fierce FOR ONCE and she was not even closing )
The biggest problem here is the casting : Only top walkers could to justice to this mess
MCB would nailed it with such an ease just check her cameo at Moschino she looked like a malicious maleficent a pure regal! Newbies can't hold such a collection too much new faces
Piergiorgio you are not at Prada all of these girls won't even make it to Paris ( max Saint Laurent and that's all)

I looooove the gothic make-up. Finally the team had to work for their money instead of doing "just a nude lip and a little bit of mascara". That last look is some real Tim Burton fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->