Versace for H&M

Yes, Versace for H&M Round Two Is Really Happening, But It Won’t Be Available in the US

So we almost fell off our proverbial leather studded chairs yesterday when we figured out that Versace for H&M was not a one-off collab after all. There’s more to come! WWD has some more details today, and take a deep breath, US–we are getting stiffed this time around.

The new collection, designed by Donatella and her team, will go on sale January 19. The catch? It will only be sold by H&M online. Which means no dice for us Americans, because, if you’ll recall, H&M isn’t launching e-commerce stateside until Fall 2012, which is like nine months after this spring collection launches. Yeah, it’ll be sold out by then.

Which brings us to the next point. Since the US and other countries won’t have access to this capsule collection, will that make the eBay mania that much more manic? If H&M can keep its sites from crashing again, people can buy up the collection and put it on eBay, where shoppers are going to be salivating over getting their hands on it, because it’s unattainable. Cue the 300% mark-up.

Are you excited for this collection, or sad that it only has limited availability?
fashionista

I hope H&M opens an store in Colombia asap, its collaborations are simply incredible. crossed fingers.

Versace Is Designing A Second Collaboration For H&M!

Anyone betting Tom Ford would design H&M‘s next designer collaboration is going to lose. Word has it that Donatella Versace enjoyed working with H&M so much the first time around that she’s designed a pre-spring collection that will go on sale early next year. And this time, there’ll be no pesky lines or shoving involved.
RELATED: Eyewitness Account: Versace For H&M Is Turning Men Into Animals
Women’s Wear Daily reports that Versace’s second (yes, second!) capsule collection for H&M will go on sale online Jan. 19 in countries where the Swedish retailer sells things online. So far that includes Sweden (obviously), the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands and Norway.
What about the United States, you ask? H&M promised the USA a fully functioning e-commerce site some time around the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012. But even if the retailer manages to get its digital act together before mid-Janauary, we wouldn’t hold our breath for this collection to be sold stateside. After all, the US is the world’s biggest online market, and we’d bet H&M won’t produce enough of the second collection to satisfy all of us, plus most of Europe.

Looks like you might want to make a few calls to your long lost cousins in Oslo and Copenhagen and butter them up before the new collection goes online.
styleite

I'm excited, cannot wait to see the new collection :P

people are actually surprised over this? it was announced early on that there'd be 2 collections, sheesh...

and Jan 19th is like REALLY soon. damn.

Does the UK H&M online site ship to Scotland does anyone know? i know scotland is part of the UK, but i have no idea how things work over there.

Also, anyone know if my sis sends me something to the U.S. from the UK, do i get charged customs? I know when i send her stuff, i just mark gift, but have never received more than a tiny package from her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, so the online store ships there and services the whole of Scotland, yes.

If your sister repackages your items, and is sure to remove the garment tags, and sends them over then I believe they should be fine to be marked as a gift also. I would believe so anyway...

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, so the online store ships there and services the whole of Scotland, yes.

If your sister repackages your items, and is sure to remove the garment tags, and sends them over then I believe they should be fine to be marked as a gift also. I would believe so anyway...

Thanks. Ugh, i can't imagine i actually get to place an order, i got booted of missoni in a matter of minutes, but i'll give it a shot. I just can't believe they wouldn't have the collection in the u.s., i'm such an american brat i'm still thinking somehow we'll have it here. lol.

Not surprisingly the fringed numbers are still hanging in the store!

^There were quite a lot of these in my local store in Poland, too. Apparently people here were very fond of this particular collaboration, especially comparing with Lanvin collection. Last year there were tons of Alber's dresses and daywear still hanging weeks later, and yesterday I found only very few Versace pieces left, with just one pair of black & white trousers from menswear.

I wouldn't say people here would love it so much, but I suppose when one sees Versace it does ring a bell.

So I went to the H&M on Michigan ave, and the tights and heart skirts were still there, some accessories, SHOES for women, a couple of dresses, the men's tights were all there.

Seeing how much this stuff is selling for on eBay is now utterly making me regret not going to the launch. I could've made a few hundred dollars!

I went to my local H&M today not expecting to find anything from this collection but to my surprise all the nice stuff was "still" available in my size (I assume someone returned all of it). I considered trying on the leather dress and the studded mini skirt but since nothing looked nice irl I couldn't be bothered to do so. Plus, I found everything to be ridiculously overpriced (more than the Lanvin stuff which at least looked nice quality-wise)

Yeah, one of the workers said that with collaborations, there is a pattern. Since most people put the things on ebay for way more, people won't buy them, so the sellers end up returning the clothes in about 10 days.

The men's bomber jacket seems to have been reaching the highest prices so far I've noticed. Some things aren't really selling that. I noticed the leggings aren't going for much over the retail price.

i got the bomber and was one of the most wanted items. it was being put out and i managed to get to the SA before he could put it on the racks so i got first dibs.

i might sell it, but probably not.

i have the bomber jacket too. buuuuuuut i still want to channel salt n pepa a decade from now, and therefore shall be keeping it

I never anticipated buying anything from this collection but my boss recently gave me the mens bomber jacket and leather jacket for free! I must say the bomber is my favorite! It feels well made and all that good stuff. The leather jacket is er... Don't really see me wearing that. Very happy owner of the bomber though!

GOD...SPEECHLESS.
Just googled this out...
do not quote images

Didn't Top Man have a similar colour scheme a few years back :huh:

As for the pants, is that part of the collection? I haven't been following anything since I got back from NYFW in September.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->