Versace Mens S/S 2011 Milan

OK...This is terrible,looks more something from Gucci rather than Versace
It completely lacks of the Versace edge,there's no depth in it,I would just save some glittering jackets and pants and the fringed leather,but the rest is rubbish
...and those models do NOTHING for the clothes,why is Donatella taking this "radical chic" direction a la Prada or Jil Sander :sick: ...what happened to the sexy and confident Versace girls and boys??

It's actually not that terrible, but some of the pieces are quite tacky. I like the prints though. This just doesn't scream Versace! :doh: The models + the bathing suits = :sick: (all except for Philip & Matt)

Last edited by a moderator:
The models + the bathing suits = :sick: (all except for Philip & Matt)
:lol: The paleness of most of the models' bodies is what ruins it. There's a total lack of a summery vibe. And yes, this collection (mainly b/c of the casting) is reminiscent of other menswear collections rather than being typical Versace. But I happen to like this change in the casting, as I identify with this aesthetic and can see myself in these outfits.

looks more like ed hardy menswear. I kind alike some of the suits though

totally in love with this thank you for posting it in full :heart:

The rocker look? Hasn't everyone at least done it?
It's actually not bad. Heck, there's tons of pieces here I'd love in my closet right now. I'm agreeing with many that Versace has totally abandoned what it stood for, sex, but from the other side of the spectrum I'm totally 100% agreeing that the execution of the way they're going is looking fresh each and every season and looks absolutely great. I'm adding this to my list of collections that is making me love Versace more & more.

I like the leather jackets with those strips thingies... I was just looking at Born to be Wild yesterday and the jackets remind me of the rider with the brown leather jacket. It sort of a new Versace Uomo. The Versace Man is now slimer... Which reminds me, what kind of models will Tisci bring? Because I thought that Tisci had brought back the muscular man but now here is this Versace man... Such a confusing world.

The woman last season became more curvecious and the man this season is slimer?

I like the eyewear...that's it. Some of the pieces are nice but are so far removed from the Versace aesthetic that I can't appreciate them. I hate to say this but the first thing that came into my head involved a certain vampire film :rolleyes:.

All those fringes pieces in the collection I want so very badly, I think the collection was spectacular, although I do miss it when Donatella uses softer and romantic pieces (like last spring) but i'm very proud of her for trying something different with the menswear, is it perhaps that Christopher Kane is influencing her on this approach?

No

where is the vitality and stamina that screamed 'I HAVE BUCKETS OF MONEY AND I CAN FCUK YOU UNTIL THE FLOOR UNDER THE BED BREAKS AND YOU'LL LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE 6+ HOURS!' ?

these boys yell 'please don't touch me... i'm frail and emotional'

chicken arms :lol: i knew only chicken legs :rofl:

see those arms? they're the upper body equivalent of chicken legs.

Oohh No :( I hate this :( What happened? Catastrophe..... Everything looks so "wannabe-cool guy".
Apart from the shoes everything here is so unattractive. At least Donatella looks sexy ^_^

i actually liked the collection! deep down I was hoping she did the spring version (basically everything in white) of her futuristic/matrix fall collection but I knew it wasn't likely. The suits are very slick and I agree with whoever said that it looks more like a fall collection rather than a spring one. (although the mint green color is killing me. in a good way). Also, maybe she couldn't really showcase shorts since her cast couldn't wear them??? :rofl:

I like this, although as a Versace collection it's a bit of a stretch. But compared to some of the more recent Versace mens collections this has some edge to it (f/w 10 being an exception). It reminds me of old school Versus actually. Versus was always the edgier, more alternative brother of the Versace rockstar playboy.

It's not bad at all, at least they stayed away from steroid-overload and cancer-bed. And no neon eye-r*pe. Some of the pieces were really cool, others not so much, but it was more or less decent collection. Loved the Lagerfeld-ish suit style and the jewelery and the slightly schizoid shirt patterns.

I am in love with the look with the western leather jacket and the light blue jeans. straight beast.

^ See this is what I don't understand. Many designers are accused for being "tacky" like Versace, Galliano and Cavalli, yet without them fashion would still be so primitive. Those "tacky" designers are responsible for a great creative leap in fashion.

I like it.

they have succeeded in a risky enterprise to my notice. To propose him '80s without falling in the banality of the '80s. For how much the allure of that period Versace feels him I don't see a outfit that seems vintage or non portable today. Jackets with young fit are alternated with kackets more longer to bring open with these sweaters / shirts that with the colors they play on the fact to have a false gilet on the shirt.
prints white and black optical that recall the parables psicadeliche of the woman ss2010 (even if Donatella had used this binomial chromatic for the fall 2001 and the ss2006) mix to a rockmood with details of binges (she also uses it in the fall 2003 woman) and metallic chains round the neck . I don't hide that on some exit they have been excessive but seen in movement I assure you that the effect is a lot of strong.
I see very beautiful shoes (finally)

You see that Donatella collaborates in the man with an ex collaborator of Slimane from the current fall, I find that the total is less strong and there is the possibility to break more freely.
I see her experience in Versus too

these so thin models..I would have preferred an aspect of more "healthy" man even if I exclusively appreciate this optimism to a young client and in the correct parameters...egocentric

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"