Versace Pre-Fall 2019

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by dodencebt, Dec 3, 2018.

1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

2. dodencebt

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

3. dodencebt

What a mess. It's like Donatella suddenly threw up everything she had drank in the 90s.

Morgane07 and jeanclaude like this.
  4. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Everything is so ugly and cheap.

Benn98 and jeanclaude like this.
  5. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

"Versace 90s Greatest Hits" again...really, if she is gonna make clones from the archives, what´s the point of her being a "designer"?

Perickles likes this.
  6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

It's like a mix of whatever was left over from the last season. I liked Look 1 & 2, seemed vaguely Tom Ford. But everything else it just cheap and tacky. When will she stop with that yellow print? So nauseating!

gazebo, 333101 and jeanclaude like this.
  7. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

I had high hopes with the first five looks. Silly me.

badgalcrush likes this.
  8. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

That hideous last dress made the original green one way less iconic!

9. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

this is all over the place. like a real mess. It lacks the polish and finesse

jeanclaude likes this.
  10. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I think the biggest problem is the styling. The clothes are already very strong by themselves but Jacob K did not help by doing extra layers, extra accessories, etc. Donatella needs someone who will be able to water down her craziness to something more...down to earth. She needs a commercial eye and not someone who tries to follow her in her mad vision of clash prints, textures and 90s over accessorization.

Lola701 likes this.
  11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I don't hate it...It's weird.
    Like for the Spring Summer collection, there are some good pieces but overall, too much archives, too much of a clash. Gianni's early 90's with Donatella early 00's...It doesn't flow well.
    But, it's a prefall collection. When you're doing a runway show, you needs to edit in terms of ideas. Donatella needs to change the creative process if she is entering the runway frenzy for every show.

It looks cheap on the runway but it's a pity because Versace's quality in stores is great. I went to the Versace store Saturday and the quality was beyond.

They needs to change the casting and the styling because the tacky mess we liked in the 00's (it was bad and fabulous) was supported with amazing show women!

entten and Frida like this.
  12. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

I would call it clueless but it looks like there was nothing put into it. It was made just to have something to show. This is textbook "Eurotrash". She failed to add irony to the tackiness. It comes of like a bad joke. Donatella and Madonna are very similar in that they pull gimmicks to hold on to the last remaining drop of relevance they still have. It's sad and desperate, but they can't help themselves.

jeanclaude likes this.
  13. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

[​IMG]
    VOGUE

Amber is such a legend. Alas, just like in the S/S 2019 collection, having an icon close your messy show doesn't really compensate for the collection. Tackiness needs to be both fun and invigorating to work, and this was anything but.

Perickles and jeanclaude like this.