Versace Pre-Fall 2021 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Dec 15, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    VOGUE.COM

3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I can´t stand this "Korsace"!! Even though I didn´t like Donatella collections when she was high as a kite (which was almost all the time), at least her clothes felt authentic (authentically tacky...but authentic nevertheless!).

They could use this exact collection to make a Kors one. The only thing they would have to do is changing the medusa logo for the infamous MK one.

4. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

Can someone please save Versace? I hoped that Kors would improve things by relying solely on Gianni's codes but ... that's not the direction they went in for some reason...

That's like someone buying Ferrari and then starting to produce minivans.

jeanclaude and WAVES like this.
  5. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Now Versace doesn't have any soul. It's literally a cold, heavy-handed marketing exercise with pieces that are so obvious in chasing the Gen-Z and have no real identity. Of course it's pre-fall, but the brand has been lost for so long that I can't see it recovering and regaining its power in the future. Not with Donatella and her team.

6. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

Pre-Falling into an uninspiring and tedious abyss.
    there’s no salvation.

we all Riccardo was going to Versace but he ended up at Burberry (God I wish I knew what happened), so WHO ELSE could replace DV? WHO?

7. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but how random, yet exciting would it be if Alber Elbaz was CD at Versace? (This only came to mind after reading your comment, lol)

WAVES likes this.
  8. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It seems like Donatella misses the days when she did Versus and Gianni did Versace because this sure looks like a Versus collection.

Versace is like Dior, very boutique oriented. It does not work on a lookbook or Redcarpet. Add to that the fact that they are always 2 trends behind because they have decided to be followers. Who would want Versace chunky boots when they can get it from Bottega?

Riccardo, please come save this house! Or even Christopher (Kane)! Versace needs you!

Salvatore, TaylorBinque and GERGIN like this.
  9. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

but Alber is doing his thing isn’t he? saw something the other day on his Instagram, with that dreadful name but at least it’s HIS!
    let’s wait for the results...

I can see Kane doing it actually... at this point anyone would be better than DV, apart from Maria Grazia, obviously... :mrgreen:

10. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Christhopher Kane used to be my bet for Versace, maybe the codes of the house are the thing he's been missing...however I don't think the people heading this company care in the slightest to bet on some fresher talents that could bring much needed energy back into the mix.

True creation requires risk, creative risk means financial risk and modern fashion companies are totally risk-averse. It's all mammonistic in intent, which results in "fashion" that is lifeless, safe and dull.

Good thing I have an infinite amount of late 80s and 90s shows to pour over. Fashion nowadays makes me feel sad.

11. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

This is too safe, but this is pre-fall after so it's look like Donatella let the merchandise team designed this. Overall look like duty-free clothes.

Anthony Vaccarello, Jonathan Anderson can take Versace into new heights because they can both create sexy clothes without looking vulgar. Is Christopher Kane still good tho? I mean last thing we need is Crocs with Versace logo on it. If Donatella want a woman designer then Wales Bonner is also good. But I guessed with all the hype around her, Marrine-Serr is on everybody radar now.

12. Summer Day

Summer Day Well-Known Member

Tacky and dated as usual. Who still craves and aspire to Versace in 2020?

13. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

I would jump off a building if Jonathan Anderson moved to Versace

14. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

Yikes. This is again, very sad. Each season keeps getting worse and worse.

This isn't what you go to Versace for. Versace was never a very "cool" brand so this streetwear and Balenciaga cosplay by way of Donatella just looks like a bunch of product. It's the wrong direction.

I still think that Kane would be great for Versace. He works well within the designated codes and archives of the brand and is creative enough. Knows how to do sexy and vulgar in the Versace way.

The last time I bought something from a Versace collection was Fall 2019(outside of buying a swimbrief in 2020).

YohjiAddict likes this.
  15. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

I find it quite ironic that the clothes and lookbook are very reminiscent of Tisci's work, it's just a poor man's version of it. They really should have hired him to take over.

16. GoldenPetals

GoldenPetals Member

Oy.

Jesus fix it.

17. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

Absolutely horrible.

If I remember correctly, the backstage info was that they hadn't hired Tisci only because he wanted the line to be called "Versace by Tisci" or something and Donatelly went amok.

And now we have this. Versace by Capri. Vomit.

18. tourbillions

tourbillions New Member

Vauthier

Phuel likes this.
  19. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I see the horrible Instagram gay still works on the design team.

avonlea002 and perhydrol like this.
  20. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

Every season this brand accurately sums up the current state of fashion--devoid of identity and desperate in need of $$$!