Versace Resort 2010

Don't care for most of the stuff in the op, but I see a lot of lovely pieces on this page.

I like the white dress, but that's it. Something's missing-it's not Versace. Also maybe Yulia looks strange wearing them, so that may be it? It's still kind of uninspiring to me-I hate most of the pattern use!

i do like how it does have a versace vibe - but not bling or overly va-va-voom.

(good thing imo)

Well it's a Resort collection. Easy on the eyes, breezy and pretty. Resort is meant to be as practical as possible with no difficulties.

For me it´s too easy and simple, i always prefer the va-va-voom effect, which Versace is known for.

true, it's not the most exciting of stuff, but this stuff remains the bread and butter of any real fashion brand. yes, fragrance and accessories drive the bottom line, and the pet projects and red carpet numbers keep the excitement primed, but these are the type of "special occassion" dresses that most middle class fashion shoppers can justify the expense over. each of those dresses can get worn in a number of different ways in a many different cities for any occassion....while still having that versace signature.

^It's true!

I really like the simplicity of the Resort collection. Fresh colours as always from Donatella!

The more innovative Versace comes from RTW and HC.

true, it's not the most exciting of stuff, but this stuff remains the bread and butter of any real fashion brand. yes, fragrance and accessories drive the bottom line, and the pet projects and red carpet numbers keep the excitement primed, but these are the type of "special occassion" dresses that most middle class fashion shoppers can justify the expense over. each of those dresses can get worn in a number of different ways in a many different cities for any occassion....while still having that versace signature.

Resort collection are the ONLY type of collections I can stand for being 101% commercial. They're meant to be short, sweet and simple. Sell sell sell!

knowing that this simple white dress from the Nordstroms site will cost upwards of $1000 does make me feel a little sick.....

^$1000 is not that much in the world of fashion. the dollar isn't what it used to be.

IMO, resort and cruise collection of Versace is a style, Donatella plays more. I wouldn´t even say it´s classy and boring, it´s more funky, it´s more risk- but i still like it.
Boring and classy were only the last 4 dresses- and they weren´t in the resort collection.

Its not a exciting collection but itd ok... From the pictures from the first post I only like looks 5 and 6, the white dress with gold accents like like Versace meets Wonder Woman lol

I love the shade of pink Donatella uses...........the colour scheme for her collections are just yummy!!!

I always like the fre-fall and resort collection, there´s always something unexpected in it.
Boring are only the last 4 dresses the VersaceLuva586 has posted. But that is not resort, it´s like a boutique collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coconotloco
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->