Versace Resort 2019

Kinda entering Balmain territory now with some of the looks. I can't with her, there's a little bit of everything in her recent collections now. It doesn't feel polished and coherent anymore.

I hope S/S 19 isn't like this.

At this point she's just recicling ideas. She's literally turning into a Dior and doing the exact same thing, but with a different print on it. All these pieces are the exact same for the latest 2 collections.

It's aaaaalllll over the place. Get it together, Donatella.

ps: I do love some of the pieces/looks tho. Not gonna lie.

I don´t know how she managed it...but this collection looks cheaper than her H&M collection!

And people try to say Prada is irrelevant. The tribute collection was a one hit wonder.

Such a weird collection and even more a weird presentation.
Versace is having this momentum thanks to their «*back to the archives*» thing. So, I like all the pieces that evokes that era.
But they are trying too hard to incorporate all the trends and it kinda looks desperate or passé..:
We don’t need to see the logomania at Versace and neither this very juvenile clothes on teenagers.

It all looks like a cheap younger diffusion line..
The styling is a tragedy.

It's just too much for one collection, hundreds of thing could be discarded and this collection would still make zero sense. Those flower heels that remind me of J.W, the giant belts + Clueless plaid and those archive prints do not belong in the same lookbook.

Ah, I see Donatella is becoming a designer of the times and constantly rehashing the same ideas each collection but lightly “tweaking” it so it’s “different and new for the customers” but really it’s the same sh*t they’ve been pumping out for a while now.

It’s really depressing when you grew up with designers who kept pushing the envelope and challenging the way we look at fashion season after season, and seeing the ones you cared about disappear (McQueen, Pilati) or fall into the pit of designing the same collection over and over and over again (Miuccia, Karl, Theyskens, Ricardo, Nicolas).

I get that the times are different and there isn’t as much creativity and a so called “pushing of the envelope” but it sure makes for a depressing fashion month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like this at all.
Agree with @GivenchyHomme , the Tribut collection was the best collection she did in last years.

The second half is very Christopher Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->