Versace S/S 2011 Milan

I've never been really a fan of Donatella, but Giani yes! He was a genious! I adore his illustration!
The collection is ok, nothing special really...

This was a fantastic collection IMO, it's everything the Versace brand stands for -- sexy, glam and oh so chic.

Totally agree with you:flower:
The main and actually only problem here is the cast. And it starts to get on my nerves. Last season, the cast was as bad as this time, but the colection wasn't good either so you couldn't really notice it.
But this time Donatella produced one stellar collection, what we all want to see at Versace. I feel like one of the freshest collection we've seen in many times, I feel like Donatella toned it down but also decided to create essential pieces instead of the usual super extravagant ones. Moreover people find that it looks a bit like Versus, and I think that too, but we don't have to forget that Donatella started her career at Versace with Versus. So that's her own design roots, if I may say so. Yet the show didn't lack of any excitement , there are Sexy short dresses, amazing gowns at the end, great colors, fantastic accessories. But also great experimentations. I especially loved the fringed printed dresses .
I was excited to see the show, but the result is even better than I expected.:heart:. But again I don't know how casting directors booked these girls to walk the show, yes the dresses looked good on them. But their walk was just not sexy and fierce to do the clothes all the justice they deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much better than last season, very clean this time.

I don't know what to think about this collection...
Somehow I love and hate it at the same time :D

very sophiscated and still pays homage to Versace of old times

I have nothing against the models themselves, but I'm surprised Versace didn't cast girls that are sexier and fiercer to enhance the clothes. It wouldn't have changed the quality of the collection, but it would have given the show a much different vibe already.
Great soundtrack for this show though!
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colleccion so clean so summer i love bravo Donatella

many of the cuts of the clothes are amazing, but the greek prints are the trashier thing i've seen this season so far.

i adore the prints because of the fringing i so cannot wait for details

I have mixed feelings about this
the column shape they did for the day clothing, I find it hard to wear, there was really no excitement for me until they started to show the cocktail dresses, and then the long ones
most of the evening was amazing, really breathtaking, very greek godesses
but the day wear?
I hated the hair, the makeup did nothing for me
the cast is awfull I so agree with you all...
i think my heart just got stucked with s.s10!!

The newest fashion trend so far from milan is cheap runway music!!!

Ugh I hope ot doesnt carry to Paris next week!!!

yep it look nice...even if last season FW inspirations were better to me. but i like structures, this is versace but getting more "cerebral"

Random Thoughts:
I really liked this collection, actually I am going to declare it fan-freakin'-tastic! It seemed a bit resortish / diffusion but that's a nitpick.

I really like the cold sexiness of some of the early looks. Unlike with some other collections I was not turned off by the repetition of one color, white in this case, and that is not an easy shade to pull off.

I liked the ethnic, fringy looks.

While the fringe worked on the last three or so looks, it did not work as well on the cocktailish dresses that preceded the closing gowns.

The skirts on some of the dresses were too tight from a freedom of movement standpoint, but I don't think pragmatism is a top priority of the women who would wear these get-ups.

Whoever designs the shoes for Versace is a bloody genius. I don't always like them (and there were definitely some from this collection that I did not care for), but they make a statement.

Donatella's Dorian Grey syndrome as reflected in model casting has not gone away, but still much better than last season and also the disconnect between the clothes and models' looks and gracefulness was not as acute as it was in FW 2010. Furthermore, she put fun, flirty stuff on some of the more mature and sophisticated models and then put the grown-*** women dresses on the young'uns - with some of them you could all but smell their fear.

Thumbs up on the music and runway layout.

While I am not a Donatella hater I am also not a fan, but I have to (grudgingly) admit that this is one of the best collections and runway presentations of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the hype of the dresses.

I only liked the accessories, bags & shoes.

A beautiful collection from Versace; a welcome change from last seasons kitschy monstrosity! :lol: :innocent:

Thank god she decided to imbue this collection with some kind of refined Milanese aesthetic. It was really wonderful, and the perfect combination between conservative (Versace-conservative that is) and daring. The tribal / print dresses were stand outs for me. The shoes were also really great, and for once, did not make me cringe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->