Versace S/S 2011 Milan

This beats Gucci by a mile , its really good

shoes look beautiful but aren't functional

**moderator's note: Post edited due to off topic discussion/model talk**

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more than minimalism, it's minimalism with spirit. It's not the type of simplicity that bores you or can be duplicated with ease, it's the kind that feels clean, sleek yet still kinda complex at the same time.

That is easily the best Versace collection Donatella's sent out in a few years. It's fresh and totally unlike anything we've seen from the house recently, but on the other hand it makes so many references to the Versace woman that Gianni carved out himself. But those references were used very responsibly and Donatella really made the look her own. Nothing I've ever seen from Gianni was this slick or controlled.

I hate the last three gowns though. They just don't work and honestly, they're unnecessary. Compared to everything that came before they seem like they're there because people expect (or demand) gowns from Versace, not because they complete the collection. Donatella could have ended the show with the short printed fringe pieces and called it a successful day.

wow this was beautiful
the best in milan so far
I gorgeous minimalism, so sexy and sophisticated. I loved the retro versace proportions
i was soo sure i was ganna hate this but the collection turned out amazing
The shoes were stunning!!!
is it me or does it seem that Kane might of had a hand in this collection

i really like this. i keep thinking wow this is sexy but not in an in your face obvious way. its very classy, demure in a way. i love the length/tightness of the skirts/dresses.

I wonder what’s going on in Donatella’s mind at the time of “designing” a collection like this one.

Does she really thinks this faux minimalism will give Versace back it’s old splendor? That this cocky modernism will sell? That it will have some media impact? Or that those horrible bags will arise through the dying section of accessories of the brand?

It is by far the most mediocre and lamest that the Italian firm in it’s recent history has shown; I’ve always defended the Versace’s “reinvention and change of directions” plan but what I’ve seen today has no name, I’m not even gonna talk about the casting… simply pathetic.:yuk:

ugh DISLIKE. i can't even finish watching it! it's just plain ugly.

those shoes are fab! I was think of the sort of strappy-criss-cross shoes and I love them. Though they are a little bold to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->