Versace S/S 2008 Milan

Good god, watching Snejana, Tanya, Vlada, Natasha and MCB walk the runway to those songs really makes me miss them all :(

probably the one show that got me into fashion. i just don't know why but everything was so perfect.

thecelebritycity.com I was too lazy to re-upload these, sorry lol.

Today marks exactly 10 years since Donatella put on this iconic show :heart:

I’m gonna say this even when I know that i’m going to be burn alive but...

I don’t and I won’t get the praise around this collection. It’s painfully plain. It’s basic with a capital B. Although I might get the appeal of the show, the clothes are quite mediocre. The color palette and the prints are an eyesore. Some of the shoes are the ugliest I’ve ever seen in my life.

I’d take SS 2005 over this without a doubt.

Last edited:
^ I agree. I think this show got extremely popular for reasons that are unrelated to the clothes, such as the casting, the fierce walks and poses, the set and the soundtrack. I do think there were some great stuff here and there, like Michaela Kocianova's beige jumpsuit and Tanya D's light blue gown.

I’m gonna say this even when I know that i’m going to be burn alive but...

I don’t and I won’t get the praise around this collection. It’s painfully plain. It’s basic with a capital B. Although I might get the appeal of the show, the clothes are quite mediocre. The color palette and the prints are an eyesore. Some of the shoes are the ugliest I’ve ever seen in my life.

I’d take SS 2005 over this without a doubt.
At the time, it was a fresher and chicher vision for Versace.
It’s very RTW in a sense. And I think it has aged well. It’s not the most creative or adventurous collection but it just flows well. I preferred FW2008 but this is still good.
Tbh, the cast, the accessories and the music made the moment.

That's probably the case for a lot of '00s shows.
Yes but I think the reason why we loved that era was also the fact that those collections were very aspirational. Today’s fashion is a total reflection of the society and the street. Back then, what was on the runway was really elevated to the fashion of the street.
You see this collection: it’s 1 woman and her ideal wardrobe from daywear you eveningwear. At that time, while loving it, I was somehow still afraid of Versace. Today, I’m not afraid of buying Versace but it’s more about pieces than subscribing to a vision.
Right now, I wouldn’t mind wearing the kaki dress on Raquel and some of the looks in trousers/shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->