Versace S/S 2015 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I guess it makes it easier to photoshop and retouch in black and white?

I just noticed that they bring her back every 10 years, 1995, 2005 and now in 2015

she looks possessed on the second shot.. that pose tho

4 Versace campaigns! Good!
She is a Versace woman so i don't mind her being in a campaign for the 4th time but i don't know if that collection was the right one for her.
It was such a random collection...

I like the last shot and the photoshop is not too much this time IMO.

PS: All her Versace RTW campaigns were for Spring Summer: 1995, 2005, 2015

She looks quite unrecognizable. Why use her in the first place. Besides, i'm so bored by the B&W studio campaigns by Versace, we've seen too many recently.

Is there a change that there's going to be two campaigns, one with Madonna and one with a model, like S/S 2014.

She looks amazing. Can't wait to see more!

My first reaction when I read the title was "Ugh! not again!" but gotta say that I quite like this direction, the massive photoshop is working imo :smile:

Depressing. The collection was young and fun. This is tired, beyond boring and stale.

It's strange to read so many comments criticizing Madonna's age? Especially with "feminism" being THE buzzword of 2014. It's actually kind of disturbing to me how many people would rather see some 16-year-old front the campaign.

I think these images are GORGEOUS and it's probably one of her best career moves in the last 5 or so years. Listen - I'm a huge Madonna fan, and will also readily admit that while her most recent work is a guilty pleasure for me, it most definitely is not up to par with her groundbreaking work of the 90's and early-mid 00's. This campaign feels so truly sexy, extremely luxurious and she looks every bit the power house that she is. I wish that these were the type of images she would use for her albums and promotional artwork instead of the bare-legged dominatrix decked out in studs Madonna we've been getting for the last 5 years.

However, it is fascinating how intensely divisive Madonna still is. I love that about her. She does exactly as she pleases - to many's dismay - and yet she is still the most successful recording artist of all time and continues to find unparalleled, record-breaking success in her career, 30+ years into it. It's incredible. Do I love everything she does? No. But do I love her for doing exactly what she wants? Absolutely. In a world where everyone desperately tries to be as appealing to the lowest common denominator as possible, I love that Madonna is unapologetically #unapologetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
She needs to stop w/ that sex-kitten finger-in-the-mouth pose. She's, like, 61..not 21.

i think i would be more open to this if it were in color. I hate when collections that have used so much color go for b&w campaigns.

Such a stunning collection, dont know why Madonna had to front it! Anna or Lara would have been way better for this. I was hoping for colour.

Yes! I agree. Besides,Madonna by Testino was SO much better. I miss Meisel or Testino for Versace.

I do love the second shot, the pose is insane. Other than that, this is underwhelming considering how fun and upbeat the collection was. Adriana, Joan, Lara, Mariacarla, Naomi and Anna are all models who could have lifted this collection to the heavens in a campaign.

I dislike it from a-z.
And i am huge Versace fan.
1. Madonna- She s way too old for,especially,, this young collection. She doesn´t fit the vibe of it at all- even if its Madonna.
2. Black&White- the special thing about this collection were the colors, sparkle Dresses. How is it visible in black&white pictures? I dont feel the spirit of the collection in this campaign Shot at all.
3. The whole thing looks boring and not Versace(Strong, over the Top) at all. This is like a students production.

I think Donatella wanted something more her age than to have young chicken around her but in that case why this youthful and fresh collection. It s just not fitting.
For me the biggest miss of Versace since very long.

Can a 21 yo afford Versace? Like it or not, Madonna is a successful grown woman, the same type of woman who can spend $5000 dollars on a bag or shoes. Or do you think that college girls can buy this level of high fashion?
I hope Versace taps her for a campaign when she´s 70! Do you people complaining about age think that life ends when you´re 40? that only young girls can appeal to all women?
I just wish that photographers and labels would stop with the excesive use of PS as a general rule, to let women´s wrinkles shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->