Versace S/S 2018 by Steven Meisel

Is Meisel and/or Versace really "back" if they're just copying material that's already been released before?

Well Naomi is sublime, so far. She's truly one of my all-time favourites, but if I'm honest I've felt a bit like she's been dialing-it-in in recent years, editorially. I'm really happy to see her engaged and dynamic and serving us the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent :smile:lol:smile: that made her a Supermodel in the first place.

Wow, Gisele's shot is absolutely immaculate. She really does look gorgeous, and Naomi as per usuall knocks it out the park. Not blown away by Kaia but its almost expected she would be in this campaign, she was the star of the season after all! By far the most exciting news for me is that BIRGIT booked this - I was waiting for Meisel to finally notice her! Can't wait to see Grace Elizabeth too. Really intrigued to see the whole thing and so relieved they chose Meisel and not the dreaded Weber

I really was expecting Natasha and Mariacarla, I love the first two pics. Why Kaia is here? Don't get it!! :unsure:

Kaia is a miscast. She looks like a (stunning) kid. (and this is coming from someone who likes her)
I'm happy Birgit is finally working w/ Meisel! And Grace didnt even walk the show, if I remember correctly. Meisel is really a fan of hers. :wub:

Why Kaia is here? Don't get it!! :unsure:

Because she was easily the biggest breakout star of the fashion season. Because Donatella has probably known her personally since she was born. Because she's a second-Gen Super and she's just starting her fashion career; Versace is hedging their bets that she's got what it takes to make real waves in the industry.

Kaia is a miscast. She looks like a (stunning) kid. (and this is coming from someone who likes her)
I'm happy Birgit is finally working w/ Meisel! And Grace didnt even walk the show, if I remember correctly. Meisel is really a fan of hers. :wub:

Grace walked the show. I like the cast but I’m not crazy about it. I mean why is Irina Shayk there and not Anna and Rianne??

Because she was easily the biggest breakout star of the fashion season. Because Donatella has probably known her personally since she was born. Because she's a second-Gen Super and she's just starting her fashion career; Versace is hedging their bets that she's got what it takes to make real waves in the industry.

....because she is the daughter of a former fashion icon, because the fashion industry glorifies youth and nepotism, because the amount of followers nowadays determine how many jobs you'll book.

Honestly, Kaia Gerber is no different than Kendall and Gigi.

Wasn't Kaia the face of Versace when she was younger?

Same applies to Claudia, Cindy, Helena, etc. They are not here because Meisel does not like them so much. This is a real shame because this collection celebrates Gianni and his favourite models are not represented here. Just Naomi and Christy.

Meisel worked with Gianni and as far as i can remember, he also used his favorite. I don't know if Claudia was that much of Gianni favorite compared to the others.
He all loved them but remember that at that time Carlyne and Donatella influenced a lot of his choices. And Carlyne was doing Chanel & Versace at the same time...Both brands had the same favorites..

This is truly a nice holday gift from the fashion gods!

Wasn't Kaia the face of Versace when she was younger?

Yep, she did the kids' campaign by Mert & Marcus in 2012.

article-0-0F839B3400000578-368_468x717.jpg

dailymail.com

....because she is the daughter of a former fashion icon, because the fashion industry glorifies youth and nepotism, because the amount of followers nowadays determine how many jobs you'll book.

lol:P IKR.

I have to disagree with you there. :P I get the feeling that Kaia has a lot more respect in the industry than the Hadids & Kendall.

I love Gisele's shot! She looks so regal. It's a stunning campaign, but I would like to see Binx too.

Meisel worked with Gianni and as far as i can remember, he also used his favorite. I don't know if Claudia was that much of Gianni favorite compared to the others.
He all loved them but remember that at that time Carlyne and Donatella influenced a lot of his choices. And Carlyne was doing Chanel & Versace at the same time...Both brands had the same favorites..

I don't know how many campaigns Claudia did with Versace but she certainly did some very memorable ones. She also walked lots of his shows.

Helena did 6 or 7 campaigns for Versace and I think walked almost every single show including Atelier from 1991 to 1996. She walked versus and was the face of Instante.

Cindy also did 4-5 campaigns...(one of them shot by Meisel) I don't think she walked that many show but some very significant ones...

Carla walked many shows but I don't think she had that many campaigns.

Anyway, all this is pointless ;-)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the Supers shot so lovingly and powerfully by their BFF Meisel is a gorgeous result.

But as a campaign, the literal self-reference goes nowhere. When nostalgia is an exact copy, it becomes a parody.

Donatella dropped Raquel after show opening and campaign and Vodianova is completely random here, she never walked Versace show after her CK exclusive, FW 2003 RtW was her last. These two are more like Meisel choices here

Natalia was the face of Versace F/W 2008 campaign along with Isabeli Fontana.

kate moss should have been part of this campaign. she is one of Donatella's favorites, too bad she doesn't work with meisel.

Natasha Poly should be in this campaign :(

And I'm so tired of the incompetencies Hadids and Jenner and here plus one more... Kaia Gerber :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->