Versace S/S 2020 Milan

The moment I saw that palm tree print that is reminiscent of the print on the famous dress worn by J.Lo coupled with a few choice models from that era, I knew something was up. Then J.Lo !

While this collection is not perfect - far from it actually - it is a step in the right direction for Versace I feel. The first three opening looks are my favourite looks and I feel are styled correctly.

As I was scrolling down looking at it, it felt like a pretty classic Versace collection - there's leather, there's denim, there's the usual shapes, there's gold, there's a re-used Gianni print but then oh my GAWDDDDDDDDDDD god damn Jennifer Lopez walks down the runway in that ICONIC dress 20 YEARS LATER and she topped herself, she looks bomb! She looks better than ever I am completely gagging I literally can't get over it. Hands down the best and most memorable moment of this fashion month.

This collection makes me forget all about...tacos.

That's a brilliant PR move with the J.Lo thing. Both for Versace and J.Lo who's trying to launch an Oscar campaign. I don't hate it. I wish J.Lo didnt lift up the skirt like that though. Could've been (more) iconic if she played it cool and didn't try so hard.

The problem with stunts like this is that the collection feels like a complete afterthought. Too bad because it's really not a bad collection. Some looks could've been edited but it's a fun showing.

Last edited:
That’s how you make everyone forget everything they’ve seen right before the J Lo moment. Nothing really matters J Lo’s all we need :-D

This is maybe too polished for Versace. I cant find the fun energy that Im used to. The future of this brand (in terms of design) looks weird right now.

First of all: Caroline Ribeiro! I mean, that’s the kind of model i’ve ben dying to see on the runway again! She was more of a Gucci girl but I don’t mind, it made me happy!

Second of all: looks 4, 5, 6, 9 10, 11 & 13 are pure perfection! That’s the Versace I like!
I also love the Jungle pantsuit and the look on Rianne (don’t ask me why)...

Third of all (if it exist:( Donatella knows how to take advantage of the Nostalgia thing better than everybody and she sure needs to write a book on that!

After years of cashing on Gianni’s archives, here we go with Donatella’s own past. It will sell very well!

The Jlo moment was cute for a pure viral moment and Versace will be the talk on social media for the entire season. It was cheesy but clever.

While i’m happy for the return of Glamourama, I still need for Versace to give me something new and fresh. And I don’t think Donatella has that vision anymore...I love her but she is not on that competitive mode she was when she was working hard to restore the image of the brand in the late 00’s.

That being said, this collection works better than Prada for example in the « revisiting your own past » and it breaks my heart to think that Meisel’s campaign will be ruin by the ugly stickers.

Nothing amazing but I like some looks and pieces... I already imagine a JLO cover with this Imaan looks.

But all I want is: Jennifer Lopez in this campaign by Steven Meisel, a DREAM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->