Victoria Beckham F/W 2018.19 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Valentine27, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

2. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

3. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I loooove... the new Céline under Christophe Lemaire. Well done!

4. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Look 11 is pure Celine rip-off...

It is even embarrassing to look at it.

5. IsabelMarantBoy

I hate that it looks so much like Philo under Céline, but since that’s about to change and we might get stuck with something awful from Hedi I’m okay with this collection lol it is very beautiful.

6. Steddycam91

Steddycam91 Member

With Phoebe leaving Céline, it's kind of moving that Victoria has done a comprehensive collection devoted to her work. Really sweet.

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

This is so Celine! Victoria is shameless!
    But this might be her best collection in seasons.
    The set really helps to give some character to those anonymous clothes.
    I wonder if the soundtrack of the show was Mary J Blige or even Hip-Hop music. That would be funny and also a new whole level to copying! Ahahah

8. Steddycam91

Steddycam91 Member

Oh, rest assured, it was.

9. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Copy or not, it's stunning.

10. chinsumo

chinsumo Member

Yeah, it’s still really good.

11. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I don't know what the hell she's gonna do now without Phoebe. What happens when the Céline look gets outdated?

12. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

^I don't think the Celine look will ever get outdated, it's somehow timeless to me. But this collection is kind of showing what she's going to to without Phoebe- she'll look through the Celine archive, for example some looks here are very Celine's spring/summer 2012 with those wide belts.

But on the other hand without Phoebe she might attract some of Philo's clientele. This collection is just pretty in 'unexpected' way and wearable, and that's all people care about. They don't really care that it's a copy.

#12 perhydrol, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited by moderator kumo06: Feb 11, 2018
  13. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

My bet is that Vicky will copy Slimane at Céline in the future...or maybe she will copy Phoebe whenever she goes to work at.

In any case Vicky will keep copying. That´s for sure. And if she gives birth another child (and it´s a girl) she will call her Céline. Or Phoebe!

#13 jeanclaude, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited by moderator obese: Feb 11, 2018
  14. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

LOL, this collection is funny actually, she wants to be Phoebe so bad, even her personal style she is copying (look at her in the end).

Well, I really dont know what will happen. In theory she have "the way free" in this kinda aesthetic, but I dont think that the Celine woman would buy VB, maybe Proenza, but not VB. The prices in the two brands are almost the same, so I this is never a was a matter of money. I think we have to wait to see, but here is what I think:
    Celine aesthetics is, with no doubt, the aesthetic of this decade and, even that it have a timeless appeal, people get tired anyway. We should pay attention to what JWA is doing, he is really adding something at this kinda aesthetic, so, if I was a Celine woman, I would go this way.

#14 ghostwriter10549, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Silver_Hippie: Feb 11, 2018
  15. Lola701

Ahahaha
    Her soundtrack!!! Priceless!

Anyway I believe that the people who buys VB are the ones who are somehow afraid of Celine. Celine is sometimes very extreme in the silhouettes, colors and all. This is Diet Celine.

I don’t know if she can steal some customers to Celine but as a Celine customer, i’ve Already planned to switch to Loewe.

Now that Phoebe is gone, i’m sûre her archives will be copied endlessly...

16. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

When you are so blatantly copying another designer, just make this line a straight to dept store line without a show. I mean even the hiphop soundtrack OMG.
    Many designers in NYC copy Celine but Victoria does it down to the thread. Well on the plus side if Hedi does not work out at Celine , they can hire VB lol.
    Another Celine inspired line
    http://nowfashion.com/tibi-ready-to-wear-fall-winter-2018-new-york-24063

17. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Active Member

I'm surprised that some people doesn't care if this is a not-funny rip off from Céline and Lemaire. Guys, we're asking for quality in terms of fabrics AND DESIGN. We can not expect less. With that criteria, I prefer buying copies at Zara or Cos, brands that are known for their low-mid quality clones of Céline.

This is not funny at all. Because if you want to go in that embarrasing way, at least make a lookbook and not a show with the same kind of music LOL. The casting was really nice though.

18. happycanadian

happycanadian Well-Known Member

I think this collection is tremendously beautiful. If I were a woman, I'd want to own and wear 90% of what I'm seeing here.

Now, admittedly I'm not that familiar with the Celine archives, so I really would never recognize this as a copy.

Can someone post some Celine looks that have you so up at arms?

19. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding me. Loewe as an alternative?:lol: I'm sure you're more chic than that.

#19 GivenchyHomme, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Jill69: Feb 11, 2018
  20. Lola701

You see...I'm not!:lol:
    I like Loewe but it can't be an alternative to Celine. Nothing can replace Celine. It's like Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere...Once over, it's done.

But Loewe has a playfulness that i love (and that is similar to Celine) even if JWA is a little bit limited as a designer. He is much more into decoration when Phoebe was really about the cut.

Phoebe's clothes resolved a lot of problems. They were sophisticated but not precious. Someone could have worn Celine from HtoT without looking like a walking ad while still maintaining a sense of personal style...A bit like Balenciaga back in the days.

Those clothes were designed with an active woman in mind...Unlike Victoria's which are designed with the idea of Victoria as that active woman...

As an alternative to Celine, really...The most honest answer that i have is Acne Studios. it's playful, not precious, fairly priced and well designed.