Victoria Beckham S/S 11 New York

Victoria Beckham just told me this is her favorite dress of her new collection. She will be wearing this one very soon! I love it too! - Mary Alice Stephenson

facebook/Mary Alice Stephenson

Really nothing special, i only like the purple with textures. Others are boring. Bags look like she copyed Hermes.

Thank you jackie_oh for providing us with pictures in order.

^:lol:

there are definitely some nice pieces in there but as a whole collection, it's a miss. she needs to really think of an entire collection not just some random pieces, like really form an idea. i can see what's she's going for but it's not realized..

and about fit. somehow how her clothing ends up looking good on a wide range of people/celebrities..

I was really looking forward to seeing this...what a miss. The fits are off, the colours are bland, not a fan of the metallics. It is too repetitive, and I do not feel she has brought anything new to the table.

The only thing I really like, is the huge black box bag.

I like a few dresses and i love the colours but i don't think this is her best collection. Can't top last season.....i think that is still her best!

Normally EVERY dress looks expensive but this time.....some of them look cheap!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite some people poo pooing her collection here, the fashion press are overall impressed judging by the reviews.

gorgeous once again!

I totally agree. Personally I'm always intrigued to see Victoria's collection. I love the structure of the clothes.
It's pretty ironic how the models are wearing the handbags, just like Victoria. But I do love that small input.

The only minor complaint I'd have with this, is the colours. It's all mismatched. Muted tones there and vibrant shades there..

Those shiny pieces aren't working for me, wish she had left them out of the collection. The rest of it is gorgeous and I love it. I realize it's not especially groundbreaking or innovative, but it's so flattering and pretty and chic. No wonder celebs are wearing her clothes, it's gorgeous.

^ i agree. she's never set out to be the next mcqueen. her clothes are wearable (for a specific crowd) and sophisticated and it works quite well

Here with go with another RM/Herve Leger inspired collection
Fitted shorts dresses and long gowns...nothing really new or grounbreaking
We'll see the same celebrities wearing this,like Eva Longoria,Kim Kardashian and so on...no wonder she shows her clothes in NY,the boredom city of fashion :lol:

though I'm so rooting for her this season, it's very disappointing! I don't like the fit and the color palettes.

but it will sell.

I think it's all very lovely. These pieces will look stellar on her and others of a similar body type.

for me, it's just another l'wren scott. it's nice for what it is. it's pat. it has some ideas that we'll see elsewhere. and, let's face it, she has enough friends that we'll see a lot of this stuff everywhere. but, in the end, it's not all that interesting. it's not even interesting in that so-classic-it's-not-interesting way like more established brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"