Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Guys I really dont think they are going to be at the show.

Its going to be a pre-taped thing. Heidi will host like the last time she was pregnant and Adriana will probally be a part of all the other pre-taped segments. The stuff like the model profiles or the "what was your first love/ first kiss" type things. I dont think they will have them running aroung backstage or anything.

Well, when you think about it, nobody ever hosts live. Everything is already pre-taped. We'll see what they do this year though. I have a feeling it will be totally different.

The show is taped "live" in front of an audience and aired at a later date. Thats what "live" means a lot of times in tv lingo. A show like American Idol, in wich event are aired as they are happening, is usually referred to as "airing live". When Heidi hosted the show back in 2002(?) or when Rupert Everet hosted in 2001, they hosted live.

When Heidi hosted in 2006(?) is was pre-taped, before the show. Thats what I ment. I dont think either of them are going to be physically present for the show, actually I seriously doubt it. They might do a cute little segment about them being pregnant or something, or about "model moms" like they did with Heidi last year though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the show really two weeks away during fashion week? I somehow find this really strange... they couldn't have done fittings already.

No, it's not during FW. I think there will be something happening during FW concerning VS, but definitely not the VSFS.

This is one thing I found interesting-for the launch of the new Dream Angels spinoff fragrance, the only Angel they used was Miranda-they used Giuliana Rancic (not as much a fan) and Melissa Rycroft (HUGE FAN!) for the launch. Giuliana and Mel had wands, and Mel was also wearing a tiara for part of it. I mean granted, this isn't a bra launch, it's a perfume one, but it seemed interesting that Miranda was the only VS model at that one.

And regarding FW, I also think that there will be something, but it's probably just going to be a presentation or something. They aren't going to tape the show in September and then air it three months later.

They only used Miranda because she's the face of that product. It's not a new thing to have celebrities at launches. It always seems like they do it when the launch is concerning Miranda though. I don't know why. And I remember seeing some at a Marisa launch also that Alessandra was supposed to do, I think. Never knew what happened with that. Anyway, I guess it's just another way to sell the product.

No, it's not during FW. I think there will be something happening during FW concerning VS, but definitely not the VSFS.
This is my conclusion as well.

I don't have a problem with a pregnant woman walking the runway, to me Heidi looks her best when she is pregnant. I think in this case the timing may not be right with Adriana's and Heidi's pregnancies, but again, I am not opposed to the idea.

The show is taped "live" in front of an audience and aired at a later date. Thats what "live" means a lot of times in tv lingo. A show like American Idol, in wich event are aired as they are happening, is usually referred to as "airing live". When Heidi hosted the show back in 2002(?) or when Rupert Everet hosted in 2001, they hosted live.

When Heidi hosted in 2006(?) is was pre-taped, before the show. Thats what I ment. I dont think either of them are going to be physically present for the show, actually I seriously doubt it. They might do a cute little segment about them being pregnant or something, or about "model moms" like they did with Heidi last year though.

I think pre-taping is the answer. VS already confirmed that Adriana will be a part of the show and Adriana said she wasn't able to make it to VSFS this year.. also Heidi wasn't sure. But Angels has to participate so I think pre-taping is what they're going to do..

I agree that Heidi looks better pregnant! It's so weird. It fills out her face and makes her look younger. As for the pregnant girls walking pregnant, I doubt that would happen. Not only because they are due before the show, but also because I think it would be fine to walk the runway pregnant maybe up to 5 months. Models usually don't even start to show until then anyway. Heidi has walked 4 months pregnant before and Oluchi 5. After that, I think it would just look... awful. Not that I have a problem with pregnant bellies, but I just think it would be weird to see someone coming down the runway who is about to explode and then the next person that comes after them is 80 pounds. However, if VS wanted people to talk then that would definitely be a way to get them to do so.

By the time VSFS will take place..they already give birth.. but they aren't in shape by than.. that looks awful too if they are on the runway not fully in shape

Well, Ale didn't look so great last year either, but she used the other girls to hide behind and her outfits were made to hide those areas that weren't quite fit yet. Being realistic, it would be dangerous for both of the girls to try to get into shape before then, but I'm sure they could try as hard as they could to at least get to a point where it could be hidden. It's probably something that might up in the air for both of them, but VS is like we'll see.

Let me be clear on my position, not that anyone has to agree with it, I would rather see a six or seven month pregnant* Heidi (and possibly Adriana, Ale, Karolina - I can't say for sure because I have not seen them pregnant) rather than a slightly pregnant or a just given birth Heidi (or Adriana, Ale, Karolina). I think when most of them are in the early stages of pregnancy or just given birth, they just look unattractively fat, not even lush and curvy, just wide in the wrong places and out-of-proportion. I am not even trying to be politically correct or all earth mother centric, I just think of the three scenarios, that is the most appealing. The VSFS is all about being silly and festive and of all of the fashion events, a pregnant woman walking the runway would not compromise its gravitas.
---
*assuming that her doctors are OK with it.

^ I agree, but like I also said by the time VSFS will take place both of them already gave birth.. so if were being realistic here.. we won't see them doing runway..highly impossible.. though not in shape women also effects the image of VS even if it's about Adriana or Heidi.

im a woman and i don't want to see pregnant models... not in HF not in lingerie show!
on the runway that is.

I guess. One photographer had told me that he wanted to wait to shoot Adriana until she was bigger, that's if she got bigger (this was before we had seen her belly), because models usually just look bloated pregnant. And you're right, VS is all about being fun and silly, so they would probably do something like that.

^ I agree, but like I also said by the time VSFS will take place both of them already gave birth.. so if were being realistic here.. we won't see them doing runway..highly impossible.. though not in shape women also effects the image of VS even if it's about Adriana or Heidi.

I made the same point in my initial post on this matter. I said that I am not opposed to the idea of Heidi and possibly other VS models walking the runway while they are visibly pregnant.

Haha, maybe if they had enough of them they could've made a segment out of it. I still want the Angels segment. It's such a good idea.

^ I agree... the Angel Segment Trista was talking about is such a great idea.. especially when the Million Dollar Bra is in that segment.. just perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"