Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

I would hope so, considering the show costs so much to produce, they can afford to let some hair extensions go!

I want to know what they do with the wings. I know they archive them, but they really should have a museum or loan it out to FIT in NYC as a museum exhibit. Or have a picture gallery somewhere showing them in details.

I remember KK's wings from the 2003 show and Adriana posed in them for a magazine ad and I saw the clearer details. They actually had silvery beads dangling on them which I never noticed in the show.

They had some outfits from the 2008 show in the Lex store, but they aren't there anymore. I always wonder who buys the Fantasy Bras because that is an option, I believe.

Re: the MDB's being sold: as of a couple years ago, I heard that none of the bras sold, although the diamond centerpiece from Tyra's bra back in 1997 (I think) did sell. I also thought I heard that Karolina's bra had an interested buyer, but don't know if that went through.

I want to know what they do with the wings. I know they archive them, but they really should have a museum or loan it out to FIT in NYC as a museum exhibit. Or have a picture gallery somewhere showing them in details.

Totally agreed.

VS loves Miranda too much to let her go.

Heidi brings a 'name' that Gisele did in the past. I doubt she's leaving, unless she asks for a ridiculous amount.

I agree on Heidi bringing the name.. but let's not forget. Heidi as a tv-career outside her modelling and 4 children..

Responding to a comment from Candice's thread... (posting it here since it is more appropriate)

Heidi's contract will expire next year along with Marisa's and Miranda's.

According to Miranda's article in Ocean Drive last year her angel contract was formalized last fall - as in the fall of 2008, not the fall of 2007.

This will be Kerr's third year walking the show, but her first as an official angel; the designation was finalized in early October and is considered to be the highest tier of modeling contract one can attain. Like fellow Angels Marisa Miller and Alessandra Ambrosio, Kerr started out modeling for another category in the catalog - in Kerr's case, for the Victoria's Secret Pink line, positioned as the more collegiate-oriented sleepwear and ready-to-wear collection - before graduating to the brand's marquee lingerie collections and Angel status.

In regards to Marisa, VS released a press release for her signing last fall.

Victoria's Secret Announces Newest 'Angel' Marisa Miller
NEW YORK, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Victoria's Secret has signed Marisa
Miller to a multi-year contract as its newest Angel. Marisa joins fellow Angels including Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Selita Ebanks
and Karolina Kurkova.

In celebration and in conjunction with the launch of Very Sexy Dare -- the newest fragrance by Victoria's Secret -- Marisa Miller will make her first appearance as the newest Angel at Victoria's Secret store at Herald Square to give away personalized autograph fragrances to her fans at 12:00pm.

Notice that Miranda's name isn't listed in that formal press release. If she's been an angel since 2007, then it'd be there right? It makes me think that the Ocean Drive comment is true - she was not an official angel yet.

Based on this and a couple of other things, it makes me think that Miranda and Marisa both had spokesmodel contracts in 2007 and after they received positive feedback, VS just went ahead and made them de-facto angels. They treated and promoted them as angels to the public, and once the original spokesmodel deals expired they simply signed both of them to formal angel deals.

And if you use the three-year pattern or tradition (just speculation since we don't officially know how long either of them signed for), it would mean that Marisa's contract does not expire next year but in 2011 considering that she was formally signed in 2008, not 2007 as is assumed. It's possible that this is the same situation for Miranda.

And on a related note, I'm surprised that Doutzen hasn't had a major angel impact in the American mainstream public since her signing. Doutzen is just kind of "there" for me. It doesn't help that she doesn't photograph that well in the catalogues. I don't know if it is the lack of opportunities that she's had, but she hasn't come across as a solid promoter and "face" of the brand just yet.

I think VS needs to be very cautious in their next angel signings. I would go with Chanel over Emanuela. Even though I think Manu is prettier and has the better body, I think Chanel would make more of an impact with her being American and having more of a high fashion portfolio. VS needs an angel of color, and they need someone who can be great at promoting the brand. I don't think Emanuela is that person just yet. Some models are just better suited to being catalogue mainstays but one step below angeldom.

I have no idea what your talking about. Miranda was signed as an angel in early 2007.:unsure: Ocean Drive were probably mixing her up with Marisa.:huh: Marisa was signed in the Autumn of 07 (Julia, help me out here). Miranda's been an angel longer than her.

she probably wasn't on the press realease (september 2007) because she became an angel later on 2007 but a little bit before Marissa. her angel "test drive" was this commercial on may 2007. she probraly signed a 3 year contract like almost every new angel since 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a link to the VS press release from September 2008 mentioning Marisa's signing. The Ocean Drive article could be wrong about Miranda sure, but VS made a press release about Marisa.

I made this post in response to a person's post that Heidi, Marisa, and Miranda's contracts expire next year. This thinking is based on the thought that they signed 3 year deals as angels in 2007, but a reference from VS announces Marisa's signing as 2008. If she signed a 3 year deal in 2008 (and we don't know how long her deal is for), then it expires in 2011 - not 2010.

So even though Marisa has been thought of and treated as an angel since late 2007, VS says they signed her in 2008. It's not too far-fetched (to me anyway) to think Miranda's situation could be similar.

she probably wasn't on the press realease (september 2007) because she became an angel later on 2007 but a little bit before Marissa.
That press release is from September 2008. They didn't mention Miranda, but they also left out Izabel, who, as it was later confirmed - was no longer an angel by that time despite internet speculations to the contrary.

well i hope the girl they pick is a good one!! i just cant wait for the show LOL its been AGES and no info about it!!! I mean we dont even know who is singing at the show or wearing the Diamond Bra!! hopefully we'll know soon hahaha

That press release is from September 2008. They didn't mention Miranda, but they also left out Izabel, who, as it was later confirmed - was no longer an angel by that time despite internet speculations to the contrary.

In Sept 2008 they say they signed Marisa it doesn't say when.. Maybe they signed her before but introduced her later.. same for Doutzen. Doutzen signed earlier but was announced as an Angel a few months later. On the other hand she was introduced as an Angel during VSFS 2007.

A bit strange they did left Izabel out and didn't mentioned Miranda :S

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Izabel in ads for bath and body works which seems to be a VS rival right?

They always sign the girls way before the release the info. So when they were actually contracted is different from when it's let be known to the public when the girls where signed. I mean think about it...do you really think they'd let details of a private contract be released? No. Some of the bigger (vetern) angels including Adriana, Alessandra (used to be Gisele) have bigger and longer standing contracts, but the other angels are on a 3 year plan. Marisa was signed in late 2007, she was formally introduced then as well as Miranda in early 2007.
VS press releases are never something to follow. They don't release details, like last year it included Selita when in fact she was no longer an Angel. This years only spoke about a few of them when Heidi and Adriana are participating (not walking, something else) so VS press releases only give very vague late details.

GIRL glad you come to the thread!! I anted to ask you something you OBVIOUSLY know, When is the Xmas catalog coming out???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"