Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009

Marisa's skin can look really bad or it can look really good depending on the makeup and styling.
I think with Eniko-her face is really edgy (she reminds me of a really sever Daria Werbowy) that it looks strange with too much makeup-which is what'll happen at the VSFS, so I think she should stay away. She's very beautiful with a natural look.
And Edita should be there, I'd love it if she is. Maryna too.

I just wish Edita could have little bigger role in the show...she just faded into background last year with many other PINK girls.

I loved Maryna in the first segment, when she tapped Usher's booty without being too vulgar :crush: Hope to see her this year.

^^Agree CharmingNicky-if she's there this year she needs to be featured more-there's no reason why she shouldn't! :heart:

^^Agree CharmingNicky-if she's there this year she needs to be featured more-there's no reason why she shouldn't! :heart:

I think they give models who are working more or longer for VS a bigger part in the show than Edita, so maybe no reason why she shouldnt. But there is a reason why VS maybe won't give her a bigger part. But hey look at the bright side: Lindsay Ellingson walked the PINK segment in 2007 & 2008 and is now one of the faces of the Body launch

Well Maryna for example was in two segments and it was her first year. Not sure if anyone else was like that though. I just wish she wasn't in the PINK section-she blended in and they gave her an ugly outfit.

Yep it was Maryna's first year, Carla's first year, Arlenis' first year, Emanuela's first year and a lot more girls' first year. VS has a strange way of choosing their models

Didn't last year's fashion week schedule also have a small thing about Victoria's Secret and it turned out it was just like a small venue for the brand?

I really really doubt it's going to take place during FW, I mean the show has become so huge it would overshadow every single other show there is.

Even with the economy in the toilet, a smaller VS show would still be bigger than most runway shows at FW.

I think 2001 was the simplest of the VS shows. It only had one stage, one scenery. And even then it was bigger than a regular runway show.

No, the show isn't going to be during FW. They aren't even close to being done with the outfits and everything. It will be taped in November and aired in December as usual. That's what someone who works on the costumes said and some of the girls have said it themselves as well. I'm thinking they'll have something like LE said. I think I remember seeing pictures of some small event going on last year, but I could be wrong. VS is coming out with a more affordable line next month, so it could be some show showcasing that.

But it was confirmed by UK Vogue, usually a realiable source

But who is more reliable? A magazine or VS-Angels: Doutzen, Ale & Marisa who confirmed it will be in November? It's crazy a magazine like Vogue is confirming that.. but I think the Angels know better and Vogue made a huge mistake!

Yeah, that would be some huge mistake if they're wrong, but like I said, maybe they do have something going on for FW. Especially since they are one of the Fashion's Night Out supporters, but not the actual show.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Than they still put it down wrong.. if a mag like Vogue can't see the difference between the actual show or just a little show.. well I don't know..

PLUS they said the show was removed from November to September and will be aired in December.. it's still a stupid mistake.

Maryna has a strange, unattractive stomach... Having said that, she was great last year. B)

I really do not care about these shows since the greats like Angela, Naomi, Fernanda and finally Gisele stopped doing them.

Frankly, they have always been tacky, but more so in these recent years.

^ Hmm okay, that's your opinion :smile: but why are you visiting this thread anyway? let alone post something..

To Prescott: I don't think Maryna has the best stomach as well.. but she's done amazing last year.. really stood out!

I do visit the thread, because I am still curious about this show and its significance in the modeling/fashion industries. Like you said, it is my opinion. This was a how that was done by some of the most important models of this decade... Names like Angela, Naomi, Carmen, Raquel, Eugenia, Natasha, Caroline... and so on. I wish it was still a show that mattered like it did before.

No matter how one feels about it, it used to be a significant show. Therefore, I do not necessarily understand your condescending remark about 'posting' on a thread. Anyone can talk about their opinions about any subject. It is better than talking about which model's what body part looks best. VS shows were not meant to be a meat-market, but thanks to VS suits, they have turned into a PR machine only one step above a flesh-and-blood Playboy spread.

Now, THAT is my opinion.

Don't get me wrong in some point I do agree with both points you mention and yes we did have a discussion about them being tacky and stuff.
But time changes things.. yesterday I read they started off the VSFS with less than 10 models and now they're up to what 30 models? And I agree the models they chose aren't the best models AT ALL! The models who used to work for VS were experienced models who knew how to walk the runway.. now we usually see models who look like they are just got out of highschool or something.

But like I said before.. this discussion already took place few pages back.. and I with some others said the same thing.. to me it's still interesting cause they do manage to have a big audience every year they do manage to have many viewers when they air the show! So there must be something that's still special about the show.

A lot people posted that though it's our opinion..it's not relevant anymore! things change and no matter how hard we keep saying we don't like the kissing and blowing and them being tacky. Things changed since Gisele left.. and stuff YES I agree..but it doesn't change anything.. it has been changed! And unless Gisele comes back.. it will stay this way.. so no hard feelings or offense against you. I do understand you, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->