Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010

Well ratings are lower than 10 years ago yeah. But before there were not THAT many sexy girls in underwear on TV. So of course ratings were high. Now if VS want to have high scores they would need to "sex-it up" (not that I want to, but I think that's what some viewiers might want - guys- ). So with line-up so far, they probably won't make a great score :wink:

i think daria might be to big for victoria secret somwhere in her own mind.not in the real world.i would'nt be suprised if she did'nt regret turning them down .

y should she be regretting about turning them down? given her status and body, she has never appear in the show or anything related to vs. she has lancome and h&m which are huge contracts, and countless other campaigns.

common, she doenst have to wear the same pink outfit as 30 other models or blow corny kisses everywhere. how many models would like to travel between vs stores to do press and autographs?

i personally want her to do the show but i know that will never happen......at least for now. she doenst need vs. she is an outstanding model and perhaps she wants people to remember her as a model instead of vs model.

But is that formula even working anymore? Their ratings were highest back in early 2000's and even 2005 had decent ratings. Hasn't it been downhill ever since then, cause I don't recall the viewership exceeding over 8 million or so since 2005. Shouldn't this be some sort of a clue for CBS that the kisses and the pointing are not working and they should just go back to how it was before.

Larek is right, there was a novelty factor to it in the first few years that's worn off. The rise of the internet means this stuff is now more freely available than before. Also I think the rise of celebrity culture, particularly in replacing models on the cover of fashion magazines, means the girls in VSFS don't have the draw they did a few years ago.

Sexing it up probably won't get very far (thanks Janet Jackson) since CBS is unlikely to let anything too risque get broadcast. The attempt to cash-in on the reality TV craze last year didn't really pay off.

I think it's more important for them to cast models who look good in lingerie but don't necessarily have the best walk, rather than young, high-fashion girls who have great walks but will have half the audience switching off after ten minutes. And the celebrity guest performer is probably most important now in getting people to switch on in the first place.

Ratings are a tricky thing, even if they cast the best high fashion models and have Karl Lagerfield design the clothes, the ordinary viewer may not be moved. Nowadays abit of shock or scandal is what brings the viewers unfortunately. That said, Joan Smalls would be perfect for the show, shes sexy has a nice body but to me her walk is not powerful enough for the show, I like it when they cast strong walkers for VS

If they want publicity and more exposure they need Crystal Renn. I would love to see her there. Possibly Irina S. for her strong link to Cristiano Ronaldo. Might as well throw in Brooklyn decker as well. I guess Selita with the Kanye thing fits the bill like you all said as does Bar Rafaeli. Anyone else missing??

Last edited by a moderator:
^ lol true, a blackberry here, a blood diamond there, all problems solved.

She has probably moved on from the show like Gisele and Tyra.

yep, Irina is a good choice! she's got a killer bod and she is getting well known cause of dating Ronaldo. i know she doesn't really do runway, but this is what VS has to do to bring in the ratings. same with Brooklyn Decker. you know, Heidi Klum never did runway either. but she did for VS.

the only problem with this is that the stars of the show won't be the "Angels", which is definitely not what VS wants. Rosie will be a good draw this year, certainly a much larger one next year.

^ And the other problem with casting girls like Bar, Irina, and Brooklyn would be that the show would have even less respect in the eyes of the fashion world. It will become less and less prestigious for a model to walk the show, and less of a 'force' in the fashion world - which I don't think VS want, considering how proudly they always proclaim VSFS can jump start a model's career etc. I'm sure the last thing they want, is most top models declining to do the show because they simply don't want to be associated with it.

Pls dont hire Top Models :cry:
It pains me to see Real High Fashion Models walking VS Commercial Show :shock:

Put only commercial girls pls.​

Liran, honey, since the very beginning of the VSFS - they've hired "Real High Fashion Models" to do the show. some of the most successful fashion models of all time have done it -- and even some of the most avant garde ones. and it didn't "pain" them to do it. so, unfortunately for you - you'll just have to deal with it.

but if it's really that troublesome for you, it's really quite easy to avoid. just don't come to this thread and don't tune in on November 30th to watch. :flower:

Liran, honey, since the very beginning of the VSFS - they've hired "Real High Fashion Models" to do the show. some of the most successful fashion models of all time have done it -- and even some of the most avant garde ones. and it didn't "pain" them to do it. so, unfortunately for you - you'll just have to deal with it.

but if it's really that troublesome for you, it's really quite easy to avoid. just don't come to this thread and don't tune in on November 30th to watch. :flower:

AMEN!!! Very well said!!!

LiranYana... you have some anger management issues to resolve because i think is crazy that your one of the members that are mostly talking about this...

I'm going to be a dork and join the Andi Muise (i used to love her!) and Natasha Poly bandwagon on here... and since all of these pregnant models are walking, I say let Doutzen walk! haha

High fashion girls would and do kiss major butt to even be in the show. It's huge exposure and I don't understand why any HF model fans would ever be against it. Walking one show doesn't mean their HF career goes down the tank. Especially if money is involved? VS is known for treating their girls well and I don't know about the financial situation, but I'm sure they get a hefty amount for walking and if I remember correctly, some HF shows don't even pay their models.

CINTIA DICKER needs to be in the show this year. She has the walk, the body and confidence to do it right. Not to mention she is Brazilian :wink:
2nrklkj.jpg

Totally!! Cintia's so excellent for VS. Although I'm thinking she hasn't caught her break because most American's don't find "gingers" to be sexy? Who knows. I don't know what could be the reason, because she has done VS print in the past, hasn't she?

Totally!! Cintia's so excellent for VS. Although I'm thinking she hasn't caught her break because most American's don't find "gingers" to be sexy? Who knows. I don't know what could be the reason, because she has done VS print in the past, hasn't she?

Yes, she has modeled for both pink and the mainline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->