Aizanara

Reaction score
victoria-secret_212151.jpg
cinefashion

*Please see first post before posting*
Moderator Reminder:
Thread Rules:
1. No model bashing.
2. Negative opinions about models are allowed, but you must back up any negative opinion with precise facts about why you feel that way.
3. State that opinion only once, then move on ... do not mention it again.
4. All other tFS apply as usual, please keep in mind that just because this is the Victoria's Secret Thread does not mean that weight talk in any way/shape/form is allowed.

Thank You

The 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Heads To Paris!
Monday, December 5 on the CBS Television Network
For the first time, the Victoria’s Secret Angels will be filmed in Paris for THE VICTORIA’S SECRET FASHION SHOW, to be broadcast Monday, Dec. 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The world’s most celebrated fashion show will be seen in more than 190 countries.
Merging fashion, fantasy and entertainment, the lingerie runway show will include pink carpet interviews, model profiles, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the show in the City of Lights, and musical performances that will be announced at a later date.
The all-star line-up of Victoria’s Secret Angels will include returning favorites Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Elsa Hosk, Jasmine Tookes, Josephine Skriver, Lais Ribeiro, Martha Hunt, Romee Strijd, Sara Sampaio, Stella Maxwell, Taylor Hill, as well as new faces.
THE VICTORIA’S SECRET FASHION SHOW is being produced by Done+Dusted, inc. Edward G. Razek, Monica Mitro, Ian Stewart and Hamish Hamilton are the executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is the director.
vspressroom

The angel line-up
0sVjB22v.jpg

Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Sara Sampaio, Stella Maxwell, Taylor Hill
M70cYnSA.jpg

Elsa Hosk, Jasmine Tookes, Josephine Skriver, Martha Hunt, Romee Strijd, Lais Ribeiro
vsallaccess
UlmTjrxp.png
2016 Musical Guests Announced!
Multi-Grammy Award® winners Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd will perform on THE VICTORIA’S SECRET FASHION SHOW, which will film in Paris for the first time, for broadcast Monday, Dec. 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The world’s most-watched fashion show will be seen in more than 190 countries.
Merging fashion, fantasy and entertainment, the lingerie runway show will include pink carpet interviews, model profiles and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the show in the City of Lights. The all-star line-up of Victoria’s Secret Angels will include returning favorites Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Elsa Hosk, Jasmine Tookes (who will be wearing the $3 million Bright Night Fantasy Bra), Josephine Skriver, Lais Ribeiro, Martha Hunt, Romee Strijd, Sara Sampaio, Stella Maxwell and Taylor Hill, as well as 37 of the world’s best known runway stars including Karlie Kloss, Bella and Gigi Hadid.
THE VICTORIA’S SECRET FASHION SHOW is being produced by Done+Dusted, inc. Edward G. Razek, Monica Mitro, Ian Stewart and Hamish Hamilton are the executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is the director.
vspressroom

The Bright Night Fantasy Bra
fashion-show-2016-3-million-bright-night-fantasy-bra-angel-jasmine-tookes-victorias-secret.jpg
The $3 Million Bright Night Fantasy Bra
This holiday season, Victoria’s Secret introduces the highly anticipated 2016 Bright Night Fantasy Bra. Victoria’s Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes will wear the Fantasy Bra for the first time on runway in the “Bright Night Angel” section at the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, which airs December 5th at 10/9 Central on the CBS Television Network. The Bright Night Fantasy Bra was designed exclusively for Victoria’s Secret by celebrated jewelry designer Eddie Borgo and hand-crafted with jewels by AWMouzannar.
Valued at $3 million, the 2016 Bright Night Fantasy Bra is adorned with over 9,000 precious gems, handset with diamonds and emeralds in 18-karat gold on a custom Beautiful by Victoria’s Secret bra. The bra took over 700 hours to create and weighs more than 450 carats.
The 2016 Bright Night Fantasy Bra was inspired by the Victoria’s Secret Beautiful bra –Available in Victoria’s Secret stores and VictoriasSecret.com.
Learn more about VS Angel Jasmine Tookes
Eddie Borgo is the designer of the Victoria’s Secret Bright Night Fantasy Bra. Eddie Borgo is an accessories designer based in New York City. By capturing different shapes, objects and symbols in adornment, art and architecture, Eddie Borgo creates iconic jewelry and handbags that challenge our ideas of luxury. A spirit of timelessness and an appreciation of modern sculpture are captured in his work, and, as each collection evolves, so does Eddie’s unique ability to redefine our notions of modernity.
AWMouzannar Jewelers hand-crafted the Victoria’s Secret Bright Night Fantasy Bra. The house has generations of expertise in fine jewelry, known for creations inspired by Middle Eastern tradition and antiquity with a contemporary feel.
vspressroom

Confirmed cast via vivalakenna
Spokesmodels
1. Adriana Lima
2. Alessandra Ambrosio
3. Elsa Hosk
4. Jasmine Tookes
5. Josephine Skriver
6. Lais Ribeiro
7. Lily Aldridge
8. Martha Hunt
9. Romee Strijd
10. Sara Sampaio
11. Stella Maxwell
12. Taylor Hill

13. Rachel Hilbert (PINK)
14. Zuri Tibby (PINK) (Newcomer)

Regulars
15. Barbara Fialho (Fit Model)
16. Cindy Bruna (Fit Model)
17. Devon Windsor (Fit Model)

18. Bridget Malcolm
19. Daniela Braga
20. Flavia Lucini
21. #BodyByIza
22. Gigi Hadid
23. Joan Smalls
24. Karlie Kloss
25. Kate Grigorieva
26. Kelly Gale
27. Kendall Jenner
28. Leomie Anderson
29. Lily Donaldson
30. Liu Wen
31. Maria Borges
32. Ming Xi
33. Sanne Vloet
34. Sui He
35. Valery Kaufman

Newcomers
36. Alanna Arrington
37. Bella Hadid
38 Brooke Perry
39. Camille Rowe
40. Dilone
41. Georgia Fowler
42. Grace Elizabeth
43. Herieth Paul
44. Irina Shayk
45. Jourdana Elizabeth
46. Keke Lindgard
47. Lais Oliveira
48. Lameka Fox
49. Luma Grothe
50. Maggie Laine
51. Megan Williams
52. Xiao Wen Ju

My favourite thing is how we've all just started referring to her only as #BodyByIza. It's been a while now, but I still chuckle every time I read (or type) it. haha.

The runway show will be divvied up into six sections — “The Road Ahead,” “Dark Angel,” “Secret Angel,” “Pink Nation,” “Mountain Romance” and “Bright Night Angel” — each with varying glitz, although “Pink Nation” will focus on more casual, ath-leisure style, featuring looks designed in collaboration with Nicopanda’s Nicola Formichetti.
wwd.com

Both, the Fantasy Bra (Jasmine Tookes) and the Swarovski Look (Josephine Skriver), will appear on the "Bright Night Angel" section!

Anyone else watching for Gaga & The Weeknd?

Any news on whether The Weeknd will perform new material?

I'm soooo excited for Gaga, actually. I think she's an amazing choice and I'm sure she'll let the models be the highlight, actually. I think she'll probably perform "A-Yo", it's got an awesome beat that'll be great to strut to.

So happy that Irina Shayk will finally walk the show, she will bring sensuality :smile:

It's a bit awkward to see them bring Irina in, I know they're just desperate for the celebrity-partner effect (Bella and the Weeknd :meow:) and whatever brings them more buzz but it ends up looking like blatant self-criticism on one of their weakest areas. I'm not even a fan or care much for her but she's such an old school/90s/Bond girl brand of sexiness (what VS was built on) that not even all of these 12 "angels" combined make for one third of her appeal, they look like amateurs next to her.

Knowing the way they treasure their poor choices for spokespeople, they'll most likely put her in some pumpkin getup or a big cape (the way they did with Lara) and make sure the camera doesn't last more than a second on her (while the viewer gets Alessandra blowing kisses and thanking the sky in fast motion, slow motion, prismatic angles :lol:).

I'm rooting for Herieth and Dilone!! and it's gonna be interesting to see Xiao.
It's such a shame Magda and Constance didn't make it. Don't get why girls like Sanne and Valery will walk, they're so boring...

Hmmm, it's going to be awkward with Irina. She is sexier then the Angels. Older and a real woman. I don't know why VS would choose to put her in the line-up and make the other girls look inadequate.

Some more fitting vids. So far I'm pretty underwhelmed. I mean Taylor's pretty much wearing Karlie's jellyfish wings. And a lot of the looks seem so reminiscent of past outfits.

Love Taylor's outfit but those "wings" need to go, it looks much sexier with just the cape/robe. She looks amazing though still developing into her looks. Hopefully her speech improves as well, but again, still growing. VS scored a goldmine with this one.

I expected The Road Ahead to be a mess and it's looking like it's going to happen. Alessandra's outfit is actually good given the segment... single color sexy lingerie with some nice wings. They could have added hideous boots, a train, some more crazy colors... everything that poor Martha's monstrosity has. Poor Lais, again that segment will be a mess.... let's just put "ethnic" girls in these "exotic" looking pieces that are tacky as hell.

Josephine's is really pretty, it looks like something that could have been in countless other segments in years past but it's gorgeous.

Oh god, really? Nicola is helping out.... what a mess, but his BF Gaga will be there so that explains a lot.

Sara looks great, simple, sultry and to the point. Lily too, not too over the top.

The hair on most of the girls looks great. A couple structured waves that are very polished and not too long. It even looks better on girls like Sara, Taylor and Josephine with a side part. I hope they do that for the show for ALL the girls, mix it up from the usual middle part. It makes a huge difference.

Did someone see the post Cara Delevingne just posted on Instagram? I don't know what it's all about but it's basically a letter from Ed Razek and he invites her to join the show this year since she couldn't be there in 2014.

Did someone see the post Cara Delevingne just posted on Instagram? I don't know what it's all about but it's basically a letter from Ed Razek and he invites her to join the show this year since she couldn't be there in 2014.

In 2014, some newspapers said Cara didn't get the show because she was looked bloated or something like that. She had the Chanel show the same day so she couldn't make it. I hope she doesn't walk the show, it would be too weird since she's now an actress.

Also, Ed confirmed Constance's absence on instagram. She apparently has a contract in Europe that prevents her from walking the show in Paris. I think it's for Etam. If the show was in the US, she would have walked.:(

In 2014, some newspapers said Cara didn't get the show because she was looked bloated or something like that. She had the Chanel show the same day so she couldn't make it. I hope she doesn't walk the show, it would be too weird since she's now an actress.

Also, Ed confirmed Constance's absence on instagram. She apparently has a contract in Europe that prevents her from walking the show in Paris. I think it's for Etam. If the show was in the US, she would have walked.:(

2-cara-delevingne-victorias-secret.jpg

We might have to add Cara to the list after all... That'd be very nice :D:D

I wouldn't mind seeing her walk tbh but do you think she'll do it?

I doubt she will. I think she just posted it to display that there's no bad blood between her and VS and to address the tabloids. Considering what Cara has said about the fashion industry, and her intent to be taken seriously as an actor, I can't see her returning for something like the VSFS.

Photos from some of the Angels fittings are out, and judging by the outfits...

The Road Ahead
Alessandra Ambrosio

Dark Angel
Taylor Hill
Sara Sampaio
Elsa Hosk

Bright Night Angel
Jasmine Tookes
Josephine Skriver

Mountain Romance
Lily Aldridge
Romee Strijd
Martha Hunt

I'd love to see Cara joining the show! I missed her last year. Hopefully she will walk! :wub:
And I love The Weeknd and Bruno Mars, but they again? I'm only excited about Gaga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->