Viktor & Rolf A/w 2004

Well... with those things in their heads and the makeup ... Bambi ..literally! Those big white circles around the eyes are just like in the cartoon!
Oh.. and about the collection ... not their best ... I'm happy with the direction on the dresses, though ..the thing's I dont know why ... maybe I just got a hunch!
PS I'm madly in love w/that skirt w/the pin! :heart: :heart: :heart:

God help me, I loved this collection. I love V&R, and while I was surprised by how mainstream this collection is, it looks like the sort of beautiful, wearable stuff that other designers should look long and hard at before presenting their own f/w collections. This was lovely, wearable, winter-appropriate stuff that is refreshing to see. It was also nice to see that the daywear covered up the models for once.

do you guys know about this?

http://www.us.redoute.com/laredoute/search...rch_results.asp?

type viktor and rolf in the search box...

V&R already started the commercial thing this fall2003..designing a small, limited edition collection for a moderately priced catalog

take a look at the prices...i ordered all of it, just to see the quality... :woot: i kept one thing...the quality is somewhere btw h&m and gap...not very high, but the prices are sooo low...they can do this with this huge catalog company because the company probably has their own manufacturing facilities and can produce and sell in mass quantityfor veryy little $$$...

designers are struggling far more than the media has let on until just recently...everyone is doing whatever they have to just to stay alive...while it may be a bitter pill to swallow...there's no shame in that...i think this stuff is a great, day-to-day interpretation of their more dramatic looks available at net-a-poter.com for far more money...

i think we'll see this trend going forward...i predict marc jacobs designing limited editions for h&m... :lol: :flower:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Mar 7th, 2004 - 11:40 pm
interesting, i might order the shirtdress :innocent:
i think you should...i'm getting it for a client again...i have the grey sweater...it's great... :heart: the pants run narrow and the boots run big...in case you're wondering...the dress seems narrow...

they have just started shipping to the US...i used to have to order it from paris and have it sent via a friend in england...it's one of my best kept secrets...sshhh :innocent:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 6th, 2004 - 8:18 pm
I really hate to see Viktor & Rolf waste their talent on charcoal grey coats

charcoral and greys are huge hit moods for fw04.05 :wink:

going through V&R i stepped on some great looks,
so i share.. what do you think?

00390f.jpg

00360f.jpg

00340f.jpg

00240f.jpg

00220f.jpg

there are some amazing pieces here that get somehow overshadowed
by the genious antlers idea..
at the end and regardless how beautiful they are,
i think the antlers was not a good styling idea for this collection. :(
this is a strong commercial collection that doesnt need the 'support'
of theatricals, its too strong for this.
they needed a fresh 'realistic' styling to highlight the modernity
of the cut and bring up fabrics and shapes. something more in tune
with the real modern charm of this collection..

one of the best from Paris fashion week but needs a much closer look.

no need to feel insecure guys, you are doing a real fine job :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->