viktor & rolf - because we're worth it

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
sorry, if this has been posted before, i couldn't find it...
you can watch a documentary about the duo here
http://roadtrip.submarinechannel.com/viktorrolf/index.jsp?itemid=2282

commentary from www.designws.com
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To Dutch fashiondesigners Viktor and Rolf 'fashion-industry fame' was just one of many concepts to toy around with when they made their first steps onto the haute couture stage and into the fashionmagazines limelight. Now one by one those concepts are becoming reality, fame included and the duo has to hold their own in the very competitive environment that fashion is. The documentary follows a year in the career of Viktor and Rolf, starting with the exhibition in the Louvre Museum and ending with the launch of their perfume and matching catwalk-collection autumn 2004. By documenting up close the realization of Viktor and Rolf’s collection and perfume in the year to come, the audience is introduced to all aspects of their work and ideas; from the actualization of a new collection to the development of Viktor and Rolf as a global brand. The documentary shows the transition that the duo underwent from being conceptual artists-cum-fashion designers to being part of the commercial fashion-establishment. This ambivalent position they hold - on the one hand distorting haute couture’s rules and traditions and on the other joining the ranks of top-designers - at a very important stage in their career is what the documentary aims to portray.
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This 52 minute documentary is directed by Femke Wolting and will be broadcasted by the AVRO[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

geez...more and more designers seem to be doing this...
should be interesting...but i will probably never see it over here...

thanks for the newsbit anna...:flower:

Oh yes! This will allow everyone an insight of the hypocrisy(not to mention the contradiction of still wanting to maintain those early ideals in their gimmicks) of V&R's transistion. :wink:

Danke,Anna! :flower:

This aired on Dutch tv a few months ago, I watched it them (so did perlefine - I remember that we yakked about it in the Movies thread for a sec). You do get some superficial insight into V&R's personalities, as well as the sense that insecurity is a powerful driving force behind their work ethos. But I was kind of astonished at how little actual information was imparted - let's just say it wasn't exactly hard hitting investigative journalism. I suppose it's amusing enough to watch, but don't feel too gutted if you don't get the chance to see it.

scott! can one get more sarcastic than that?! shame on you!:lol:

I like how they are always in rather formal clothing.

Suits, and ties mostly.

coconut said:
scott! can one get more sarcastic than that?! shame on you!:lol:

Didn't mean to...honestly :blush: :P

I know I've been lagging it on for some time but I can't help it....I'll try and let it go in future. :lol:

i heard that victor is actually rolf.
could just be rumour. or rumor.

*snooze* was expecting something a little more interesting, but it was actually quite boring. that entrepeneur droling on and on about fashion really made me chuckle tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->