Viktor & Rolf Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

It’s a nice way to celebrate their 25th anniversary with the greatest hits.

Viktor & Rolf played a huge part in my fashion upbringing, especially their earlier collections, such as the Baboushka collection, the Black Hole and the one in which all the models were made into Tilda Swinton clones. I learned from Viktor & Rolf that conceptuality does not need to come at the cost of wearability and desirability, which was all thanks to their great cutting and their neverending love to subvert the classics (the white shirt, the tuxedo, the slip dress, and so on). Although none of this is new, it put a HUGE smile on my face to see their most memorable pieces revisited. By now we know that their Haute Couture is not meant for sale and for those that have cared to check, they are slowly but steadily getting back into the RTW game, with a bridal collection and an evening wear collection. It's smart that they chose to do so carefully, if you look at the lackluster attention their peers such as Veronique Branquinho, Olivier Theyskens or A.F. Vandevorst are receiving.

This is obviously a milestone collection, so it's great seeing all the iconic looks again. We have seen them all before, But This made me really happy.

This collection looks lazy to me... Same as Tricotineacetat, V&R expanded my conception of Fashion and I was amazed by these looks when they showed up for the first time on the runway! But today, especially without colors, I find them lifeless.

I'm always curious about their new collection, but I always ended up disappointed.

Where are the killer headpieces and clogs from Fall 2007? It's not their greatest hits without it! :evil: I love seeing the No collection. :wub:

To me all of the clothes look like cheap copies in white, and I loved them originally. This was a bad idea and it made me kinda sad.

this just makes me sad cause it reminds me of the AMAZING things they used to create

This is a reinterpretation. It's like when your favorite singer makes an acoustic version of the song that you love.

This is a reinterpretation. It's like when your favorite singer makes an acoustic version of the song that you love.

It makes me very sad. it's melancholic for different reasons.

It makes me very sad. it's melancholic for different reasons.

I actually felt some nostalgia by scrolling through this show, even though I didn't experience these shows the first time around they serve as the perfect example of an era of clever, thoughful shows we long to live once again.

I actually felt some nostalgia by scrolling through this show, even though I didn't experience these shows the first time around they serve as the perfect example of an era of clever, thoughful shows we long to live once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->