Viktor & Rolf Monsieur* fw 04

faust

Reaction score
(I don't know if this has been discussed before)

Am I the only one that thinks their men's collection was bland? Opinions?

It wasn't when it first began but since they collaborated with L'Oréal and Le redoute(French equivalent to Spiegel catalogue)their work in general has begun to change for the more commercial. In other words,yes it is bland.

Not sure about the men's collection, but I loved this dress of theirs... :innocent:

i didn't find their mens' line as innovative as their womens, but it did reflect their personal style.

as always, menswear can't really be as flashy as womenswear if it is expected to do well at all. there's simply no market for it.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Feb 4th, 2004 - 3:31 pm
i didn't find their mens' line as innovative as their womens, but it did reflect their personal style.

as always, menswear can't really be as flashy as womenswear if it is expected to do well at all. there's simply no market for it.
There is non-flashy, and then there is bland. What's the point of playing it safe if you are already successful?

Well, I think its like most business strategies...in that if you are successful you dont want to do anything that could possibly turn off your customers and potential customers. Following this strategy most businesses become more conservative with their product. It doesnt matter if its garments or widgets...kind of like the "golden handcuffs."

Originally posted by marrimoda@Feb 4th, 2004 - 3:47 pm
Well, I think its like most business strategies...in that if you are successful you dont want to do anything that could possibly turn off your customers and potential customers. Following this strategy most businesses become more conservative with their product. It doesnt matter if its garments or widgets...kind of like the "golden handcuffs."
That must be why half of their men's collection was hanging at 60% off at Barneys :evil:

I saw tehre first collection, its was ok, kind of what i expected, i liek the mroe absured kind of stuff teh V&R dos, wich the mens line didnt have, so iam abit bored and disapouinted. I think V&R has totally goen the comercial route. :rolleyes:

i love the multiple collared shirts and dresses. rules.

never been that much of a fan find their fashion rathercreepy sort of like a caterpillar

i havent seen their new menswear collection, but i really liked the geek-y humour of their last year Homme looks.
does anyone has photos from their recent Homme line? if so, please do post :flower:

as for V&R turning towards backers, i honestly do not see what's wrong with them looking for money in order to be able to continue their work..

:woot: hey, thats quite cute to me, as always full of humour and quite commercial, why not? i cant see anything wrong with those looks and i just adore how they show the clothes themselves, they die for their shot being taken B)

thanks for the photos dear ngth :flower:

ps I NEED the Monsieur blouse for myself, it would be quite a laugh :lol:

Not bad. I'm kind of surprised they've kept that level of quirkiness that I just did not see in the women's collection.

Their menswear just shows their style.. and that's why it doesn't appeal to me. Though I do appreciate the geek-y humour. :wink:

Although I adore geeky humor and fashion I'm not a big fan of this line :blink: The monseiur shirt would be a riot on a girl though Lena! :lol:

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Feb 8th, 2004 - 4:15 am
The monseiur shirt would be a riot on a girl though Lena! :lol:
indeed, i got to get this for sure :rofl:

i'm in love with that tarten blazer...but yeh...could be more quirkier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->