Vintage Bags

I agree with Purr...unless you're serious about collecting them, dont waste your money!

Vintage bags dont have a high value to them unles they are designer like Chanel for example. (Read that somewhere) :flower:

raid your mum/aunt/grandmother's closet first before you buy anything. you'd be amazed at what you can find :smile:

Vintage handbags...your favourites!

I'm obssessed with handbags, especially the cheap, unique ones you find in secondhandstores and markets...Here are my favourites..The yellow one I found the other day in Stockholm and I really love it (together with my yellow socks and yellow umbrella..). The red one I found in Paris, and I use it for my laptop..The two black-ones are from Milano..

Send me your favourites! I think there are alot of awsome bags out there...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• giallo.jpg
    giallo.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3
  • rosso.jpg
    rosso.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 4
  • nero1.jpg
    nero1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 5
  • nero2.jpg
    nero2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
I had a vintage Bottega Veneta dark brown leather hobo bag that I bought with a dirty lining for $20 bucks, washed it, used for 3 years got sick of it and sold for $600++.
Also bought this red vintage bag cos it reminded me of Marc Jacobs. Hardly use it since I got my Le Dix though.
Ebay is -great- for vintage finds.
Love vintage bags!:D

Attachments

• bottegavenetabag_2102.JPG
    bottegavenetabag_2102.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 18
  • redpurse.jpg
    redpurse.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
I love the red handbag in the first post.

Here are a couple more of my vintage bags :smile:

Attachments

• oldbag.jpg
    oldbag.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
  • oldbags.jpg
    oldbags.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 6
jlear, I saw almost that exact handbag of yours (second one, the gold) at a thrift store yesterday! Now I wish I had picked it up..

Here are 2 great bags I found at a local vintage boutique called Kharisma. :heart:

vintagebag1.jpg

vintagebag2.jpg

wickedly_perfect said:
jlear, I saw almost that exact handbag of yours (second one, the gold) at a thrift store yesterday! Now I wish I had picked it up..

Really? I only paid a buck or two for it. I also have several other colored beaded necklaces that I use for a handle....make's it fun!

pamelaz-
I love that brown clutch. It looks worn to perfection!

This one is wonderful! Really 70's. I bought handles (? the plastic part) like that in plexiglass with the idea of, some day, knit a bag like this one. ..
pamelaz said:
Here are 2 great bags I found at a local vintage boutique called Kharisma. :heart:

vintagebag1.jpg

vintagebag2.jpg

Jlear

It's so cute, the one with the pearls! Did you buy it like that or did you make it?

emi25 said:
Jlear

It's so cute, the one with the pearls! Did you buy it like that or did you make it?

Is this the one your asking about? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...esilkdress2.jpg

If so, this is actually a necklace from my spring 2005 collection. I just sewed on two small fabric sections inside the clutch so that I can then just slip the necklace thourgh and not worry about it falling out.

Here's the same purse with a pink beaded necklace: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Jlear/Fashion/pinklacedress1.jpg

:smile:

Thanks emi25, the leather is really awesome on it. Wow, such cool bags, I am now searching for a nice vintage clutch. I like the brown one up there ^^^. The knit bag is gorgeous! I'm too careless for knit stuff though. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->