Vintage Christian Dior Fashion Shows

Scotty

Reaction score
I can't be the only person who's obsessed with Vintage Dior shows. I watch them frequently and in every angle (lol!).

Let's keep up with the channels that are uploading them in HD. Some new ones have surfaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spring 2006, 2007 and Fall 2007 Haute Couture in HD I'm in heaven right now! Thank you so much Scotty.

I've saved them before the user inevitably gets those deleted or their soundtrack changed to some lame generic beat (hello Fashion Channel :lol:)

*Crossing fingers for Spring and Fall 2004 Couture to be uploaded as well*

Last edited:
Spring/Summer 2008 Haute Couture

Fall/Winter 2008/2009 Haute Couture

Spring/Summer 2009 Haute Couture

Fall/Winter 2009/2010 Haute Couture

Screw ‘em all, I say. I’d much rather see the original Dior shows from yesterdecade.

Man 2006 was such an interesting year for Dior. Pre-2006 was insane couture fantasy, and after 2006, specifically 2007 (60th anniversary year) we got some of the most opulent clothing fashion has ever seen, both RTW and couture. But 2006 was a huge refresh, a good one at that. Lukewarm to it then but now it just seems so right. ss01 couture is also on YT-amazing story

Man 2006 was such an interesting year for Dior. Pre-2006 was insane couture fantasy, and after 2006, specifically 2007 (60th anniversary year) we got some of the most opulent clothing fashion has ever seen, both RTW and couture. But 2006 was a huge refresh, a good one at that. Lukewarm to it then but now it just seems so right. ss01 couture is also on YT-amazing story
Spring 2006 RTW is one of my favorite RTW collections John ever did for Dior.

The most perfect, electric, gorgeous commercial collection ever. I even loved Spring 2005 and Fall 2005...he proved that “commercial” and “pretty” didn’t have to be a phone-in as a designer. He really came up with some super ideas for how women could dress in a realistic way with those collections, I think. I love that you can tell that he accepted the challenge, presumably from the suits, to “reel it in,” as opposed to throwing in the towel or giving up or being like “f*ck that.” He really was like...OK...you want commercial and pretty, LET’S DO IT and let’s KILL IT. I love it.

Spring 2006 RTW is one of my favorite RTW collections John ever did for Dior.

The most perfect, electric, gorgeous commercial collection ever. I even loved Spring 2005 and Fall 2005...he proved that “commercial” and “pretty” didn’t have to be a phone-in as a designer. He really came up with some super ideas for how women could dress in a realistic way with those collections, I think. I love that you can tell that he accepted the challenge, presumably from the suits, to “reel it in,” as opposed to throwing in the towel or giving up or being like “f*ck that.” He really was like...OK...you want commercial and pretty, LET’S DO IT and let’s KILL IT. I love it.
I agree with you. Spring 2006 RTW was an incredibly beautiful collection, I read somewhere that it was inspired by the opening model herself, Stella Tennant (RIP Queen) in some of her fashion editorials. Spring 2007 RTW was also really good in my opinion, the subtle Joan of Arc references, a very toned down minimalist approach that John never quite explored before (I think) and the Xtina soundtrack mixed quite nicely, plus the details are amazing.

I agree with you. Spring 2006 RTW was an incredibly beautiful collection, I read somewhere that it was inspired by the opening model herself, Stella Tennant (RIP Queen) in some of her fashion editorials. Spring 2007 RTW was also really good in my opinion, the subtle Joan of Arc references, a very toned down minimalist approach that John never quite explored before (I think) and the Xtina soundtrack mixed quite nicely, plus the details are amazing.

Spring 2007 remains a favorite and continued that refresh/reset idea. Soundtrack was sooooo right too

Fall/Winter 2007/2008 Couture (Soundtrack fixed)

Spring/Summer 2010 Couture

Fall/Winter 2010/2011 Couture

Spring/Summer 2011 Couture

Seeing documentaries like these makes me appreciate couture so much more! like I just cannot be harsh on a couture collection and it's not because I don't have a critical thinking, it's the fact that there is just so much work that goes into it. S/S 2011 Couture was the last show of John Galliano for Dior, and it was classically beautiful. That dress that Olga Sherer wore was a dream.

This show is FIRE. Every girl is insanely gorgeous, the clothes are divine, the soundtrack is spectacular...everything is absolutely electric.

Mirrored glass runway era Dior is def the best. I've been on a vintage Dior obsession lately. I've mailed just about any production company or publication for videos of Dior shows.

^Hopefully they respond to you! I want to see early collections not only complete, but with a good enough quality to re enjoy them.

Fall/Winter 2006/2007 Couture

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->