Vintage models / personalities you'd like to know more about (or see pictures of)

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
I would like to know more about, and see pictures of, Emanuelle, the Helmut Newton model of the late 70s (I think) who was murdered. She apparently had wealthy parents, a father who was a government minister. She apparently dated Louise Despointes, the Serge Lutens model, for a few months.

Basically - does anyone have a picture of her?

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to see pics of Nico when she was modeling in the early 60's/late 50's.

I'll keeps my eyes open for those.
And add some of my own soon.

I feel so spoiled already with these amazing threads, but I'd love to see more of Michaela Bock. There have been a few from L'Officiel posted before.

Bob Richardson models, Jill Kennington and Donna Mitchell. He writes about them with such enthusiasm (as I guess he probably dated them both) and I think that they both seem so much more than just models in all their photos. I believe that Jill Kennington is actually a photographer now (saw her in a Duffy documentary a few weeks ago) but Donna Mitchell seems to have disappeared.

Bob Richardson models, Jill Kennington and Donna Mitchell. He writes about them with such enthusiasm (as I guess he probably dated them both) and I think that they both seem so much more than just models in all their photos. I believe that Jill Kennington is actually a photographer now (saw her in a Duffy documentary a few weeks ago) but Donna Mitchell seems to have disappeared.

I think Donna was signed with a modeling agency (forget which) rather recently.

I would like to know more about, and see pictures of, Emanuelle, the Helmut Newton model of the late 70s (I think) who was murdered. She apparently had wealthy parents, a father who was a government minister. She apparently dated Louise Despointes, the Serge Lutens model, for a few months.

Basically - does anyone have a picture of her?

http://www.modelscomposites.com/getlist.php?list=mod&choice=Emmanuelle+1&year=all
http://www.modelscomposites.com/fullsize.php?count=0&imgno=86789 This might be her.
Here are full editorials -
http://www.ciaovogue.com/search?q=emmanuelle
http://www.ciaovogue.com/search?q=emanuelle

There is some information on her (the spelling of her first name varies, but her last name was Dano) in the books Bad and Beautiful/by Ian Halperin and Model/by Michael Gross, they can be read on Google Books. She was used a lot in various Vogues.

There seem to be two stories regarding her death. First of which she was in the back of a moving car and began to be roughed up and sexually assaulted by two men. She fell out of the car and died; her body was brought up to her bedroom and placed on her bed. The other story involves foul play involving a wealthy boyfriend. John Casablancas found her body and says he knows the identity of the men in the car with her. It's suggested her death wasn't properly looked into and quickly put away. I'm pretty sure I read an eyeball had been pulled out :shock: Sadly there isn't a lot of information or interest in her, despite her mysterious death and being a frequent Vogue model and favorite of Helmut Newton.

^Thank you so much! I doubt the blond is Emanuelle but the other shots look likely.

The story about her is just horrible. How something like that can be ignored when it happens to a friend....it's just unfathomable. But I guess you'd have to say she played rough.

Anyway, so I finally have a face to link to the story. It's also amazing that the Halston image is used as a testament to fame, beauty and all that is great, when two of the models perished in a terrible way only a few years later....

I love everything that has already been posted but I'd love more pics of Chrystelle Saint Louis Augustin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->