Virginie Viard - Designer, Creative Director of Chanel

it was about time. Enjoy your retirment! It makes me wonder whether clients will even bother buying the next few collections she designed. I imagine VV designs will tank and Karl’s will be even more in demand than ever. And prices will skyrock.

I’ve advocated for Hedi for a long time now. More than any other designer working now, what I think he’d be able to do for Chanel now is make it feel expensive again. And that is something that Chanel really needs.

Karl’s Chanel felt luxe for a long time - especially in the late 90’s and early 00’s. But by about 2010, his Chanel got pretty corny and goofy, but it worked because, well, Karl was Karl.

But without the cache of Karl at the helm, everything started to feel pretty cheap. The stores all desperately need a redesign, the campaigns have long been forgettable, the fragrance marketing needs to be polished, and clearly the clothes need refinement.

Hedi can do all that and more. He’s one of the only designers left out there with the capacity, conviction and discipline to be able to handle being in charge of all aspects of a brand this big.

There can be no revolving door circus like everywhere else. It will be an immutable decision.
Oh, there can be... just what happened between Coco and Karl's years. I think the next designer who'll be SUCCESSFUL at Chanel will be someone who can turn Karl's "codes" on their head, just as much as he did with Coco's. Make him roll in his grave a bit.

Hedi would work at Chanel, insofar that most of their offerings lately look like Claire's for the children of millionaires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->