Visible Panty Lines(aka Vpl) Fall 2004

Lena,I think it would have been better if they had added more significant RTW pieces. I mean,Victoria is a stylist....I would have added something a bit more defining. Like a skirt would have looked great over that jumpsuit.

A.F. Vandevorst also does a line of lingerie which they normally incorporate into their regular collections. Its more defining and completes a look.

Otherwise,this is great despite being a hyped stylist :lol:

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 11th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
A.F. Vandevorst also does a line of lingerie which they normally incorporate into their regular collections.
their underwear is more like outwear though right?

i'm a bit fed up with hype, thats all.. take them to the intimate shows guys :P

sorry I don't find anything alluring about it, but it may work for some :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Feb 11th, 2004 - 11:40 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Feb 11th, 2004 - 11:40 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 11th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
A.F. Vandevorst also does a line of lingerie which they normally incorporate into their regular collections.
their underwear is more like outwear though right?

i'm a bit fed up with hype, thats all.. take them to the intimate shows guys :P [/b][/quote]
Its a little bit of both,really. Lots of nylon stockings with garters,sleepwear(flimsy nightshirts etc.) which they pair with more everyday shilouettes. Its all totally meshed together and difficult to really spot.

Hype....yes I agree. Which is why I question IOC too,I guess. :P

Scott do you know where i could find some of their pieces? I'm really interested in looking at them in person!

from Hint mag. :flower:
Literally turning fashion inside out, designer Jeffrey Costello and freelance fashion director Victoria Bartlett have teamed up to create VPL (aka Visible Panty Line), a new breed of underwear that does double duty as tanks, tees, skirts and shorts. The hospital-inspired indie undies aren't unlike men's nylon socks crossed with an Ace bandage—you won't find a trace of lace, corsetry or anything else that whiffs of lingerie. The co-creators have instead opted for concept over decoration, relying on aertex, mesh, cottons and a color palette of surgical green, nude and the occasional red to stitch together their not-so-whitey tighties. $40-$140 in London at Selfridges, Sunningdale Road, Leicester, LE3 1ZW, +44 8708 377 377; in Paris at Colette; and in New York at Barneys.

Thank you so much Lena. Next time I go into London (in two weeks) I have to take my mum to Selfridges anyway (she's coming to visit me! How exciting!) so I will check it out there!

Mehg,I wish I could tag along with you :P

40$-400$-that sounds like a reasonable price range :innocent:

I quite like it this collection and what they do. Its very intresting. I like idea of "double-"duty" clothing.

Thanks for posting, Scott. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->