Visionaire #55 Surprise

cato.

Reaction score
The newest issue of the high-concept fashion quarterly Visionaire pushes the limits of paper with an issue devoted to pop-ups. Visionaire 55: Surprise presents 12 hardcover pop-up books, boxed together, with projects by Steven Meisel, Mario Testino, Steven Klein, Sophie Calle, Andreas Gursky, Cai Guo-Qiang, Guido Mocafico, S0lve Sundsb0, Yayoi Kusama, Gareth Pugh and Alasdair McLellan. Together, the pop-up folios are housed in a cloth-covered case with a magnetized closure and an engraved metal plaque. Surprise is a collaboration with the internationally renowned Champagne house, Krug.

surprise.thumbnail.jpg

solve-sundsbo.jpg

source: frillr

Last edited by a moderator:
May i one day posess an issue...

May i one day posess an issue...

I bought the Mert&Mercus issue (with the Vuitton case) and it felt great at first, but then I kinda regretted spending so much :lol:

But this issue sounds really nice, and $200 isn't too expensive so I'll have to consider it...

I want this. Great that they used that unplubished US Vogue shot of Meisel.

Why is it quite expensive? :innocent:

Why is it quite expensive? :innocent:

They are like a piece of art in a book format. And each release is a limited edition. Just check eBay... and you'll see how much some of the older issues go for. I have a few of the earlier ones. The Diana Vreeland one is amazing!

:flower:

thank you MissMagAddict

I sometimes see them listed on eBay, and the prices are expensive.
But now you mention "art in a book format" I get the picture, it explains a lot.
thank you

:flower:

^ thanks for that.

I chekced the website and there is a greeat clip. All the pop up books are shown in the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->