Vivienne Westwood....knighted

It was only a matter of time, she has helped to revive the British fashion industry phenomenally ^_^

Sir Elton was funny, because we all got to say 'God save the queen', but this is beyond camp for Viv, anyone who is even slightly cool refuses their knighthood, Polly Toynbee, Harold Pinter, Joseph Conrad, Aldous Huxley, Alan Bennett...all the cool people.

PrinceOfCats said:
Sir Elton was funny, because we all got to say 'God save the queen', but this is beyond camp for Viv, anyone who is even slightly cool refuses their knighthood, Polly Toynbee, Harold Pinter, Joseph Conrad, Aldous Huxley, Alan Bennett...all the cool people.

Hehe You don’t often hear people refer to Alan Bennett as cool but he definitely is :wink:

I knew she was going to be =) I thought it should've happened way before now! She influenced British fashion immensely.

Diamond Star said:
Hehe You don’t often hear people refer to Alan Bennett as cool but he definitely is :wink:

You just know that Alan Bennett is chronically cool, he even refused a doctorate from Oxford...

I hear she takes more of a backseat these days and Andreas does the majority of it, including the menswear. The British Sunday Times ran a big article about her about a year ago and I thought she really sounded tired and was happy to be so.
But she deserves the "knighthood" - she's worked hard and is just so clever and talented. ^_^

Wow, that's cool. Heh, Tom Jones always reminds me of Carlton from the Fresh Prince, dancing to It's Not Unusual.

some day of the other this had to happen
good for vivienne

Spacemiu said:
How ironic, good for her though

i'll just keep the 'ironic' spacemiu, not sure if it's 'good' for her i mean.. what is so good about selling out? ...what happened to the anti-establishement godmother of punk?
now a dame? plllllease :rolleyes:

i'd better shut up in respect to Vivienne's faithful fans :ninja:

Fashion Puss said:
I hear she takes more of a backseat these days and Andreas does the majority of it, including the menswear. The British Sunday Times ran a big article about her about a year ago and I thought she really sounded tired and was happy to be so.
But she deserves the "knighthood" - she's worked hard and is just so clever and talented. ^_^

she does gold and red label and andreas does man (she just gives it an okay), i dont know about anglomania.

and lena she says she didnt think much of punk and that she didnt really want to be anti establishment she just does what she wants. and why has she sold out? her designs are still good, i still find some of it quite shocking (the blow me up stuff especially)

i didnt said she sold out,
she just used the anti-establishment edge while she needed it
and now, sure, she bows to her majesty.. and swears she was never there, but she certainly sold quite a bunch of 'queen is dead' Tshirts..
those silly little punks, Viv keeps her distance as she should.
Long live the Queen..

as for her work, its all about esthetics, it's not a matter of discussion
i just happen not to appreciate her work in any great length,
even though i have friends -who's taste i totally respect- who bow to Vivienne's talent..

Lena said:
i'll just keep the 'ironic' spacemiu, not sure if it's 'good' for her i mean.. what is so good about selling out? ...what happened to the anti-establishement godmother of punk?
now a dame? plllllease :rolleyes:

i'd better shut up in respect to Vivienne's faithful fans :ninja:

You shouldn't - you are absolutely right. Irony extreme.

Completely agree,Lena.

Although,he did say he only did it for his mother,it's a bit like when Alexander McQueen recieved an honour....really quite ironic. This does not sit well with me. And I am by no means a Vivienne Westwood fanatic either. It just seems odd with her aesthetical ideals and her attitude throughout her career that she would bestow such an honour.

I disagree though,Victim. Vivienne has repeatedly expressed her distaste for the establishment.

thanks for the news chris!!...
pretty cool!!!...
long live the queen...:mohawk:...

victim...i completely agree...

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back