Vivienne Westwood S/S 2022 London

I have been thinking recently about identity and how it relates to brand awareness and synchronization. She really has lost her character and even if it is not her who is designing these clothes, you would think as long as the brand bears her name we would receive something even partially related to the VW world. Besides the pirate blouse, logo bags, and British references there is hardly anything that I find relevant or relating to the times- something that she supposedly did so well. Clothes, clothes, and more clothes- and they say NYFW has gone downhill.

Some archival pieces mixed with generic clothes...as subversive and cutting-edge as shopping at H&M (but more expensive).

Ugly collection where nothing makes sense and everything is gimmicky and over-accesorized. The archive prints used throughout just remind me of the heights she reached in the 90s and how sad this looks compared to those original shows.

To think Kronthraler gonna inflict another such parade in Paris just makes my skin crawl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->