Vogue Arabia July/August 2023 : Rekha by Tarun Khiwal

Very opulent covers! I can't believe she's almost 70.
what!?!?

I don't know her, but I'll trust she's a legend and I feel like the covers are almost stunning and I might even enjoy that megalomaniac aspect of this.. if she was the mastermind and had a direct hand on how she should be presented on the cover of Vogue, then I can't help but rejoice at the excess of it all. If you don't treat yourself as a Queen and honor your supremacy, who will, amirite?. The Bollywood element is a bit hard to escape through the makeup and the insane amount of photoshop.. it ends up weakening what they were going for and cheapens what could've succeeded as a strong reminder that she IS queen.. somewhere. Instead you're just reminded that she's really.. just an actress.

When magazines are selling us mundanity/reality, excessive use of photoshop seems pointless, but retouching when they're selling us images like these, it seems more fitting, it's part of the fantasy of something so removed from everyday life.

Vogue Arabia is doing what Vogue India should be doing and should have done. One of their country's greatest actress somehow got her FIRST VOGUE cover in the Arabian Edition. While the likes of Kareena Kapoor, Deepika, Priyanka have more than 10 covers, not a single issue dedicated to her is done by Vogue India.

Add to that, Vogue India isn't even trying these days.

I gasped when I saw these. These images are GLORIOUS!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->