Vogue Arabia May 2020 : Imaan Hammam, Constance Jablonski, Nora Attal & Eva Herzigova

The editor in chief of Vogue Arabia has put his attention on us, folks ! You can check his instagram.

He completely missed the point. Nobody is saying that photographers should be retired now that some models shoot their selfies better, it was purely to compliment the quality of Imaan's cover. It's not about your message, Manuel Arnaut, it was what we as the end-users make of these covers.

One of the very few Vogue editions who actually pulled it off and they have a problem with the feedback. LOL

and we highlight the fact that despite this situation, it is still possible for magazines to deliver nice covers. I wonder if he misunderstood in purpose just to be politically correct and to butt lick the big names in fashion.

The nice thing is that TFS is really looked at by the top tier professionals in the industry. We know ALT look the forum but now for sure Vogue arabia does too.

We know ALT look the forum but now for sure Vogue arabia does too.

I've heard that she couldn't stand the chatter that was thriving around the time she did those heavily 80s-styled edits issue after issue. It's never personal though. Now that she's showing up for work with content that could be considered as 'refreshing' (for her VP!!), she's getting the praise.

I've heard that she couldn't stand the chatter that was thriving around the time she did those heavily 80s-styled edits issue after issue. It's never personal though. Now that she's showing up for work with content that could be considered as 'refreshing' (for her VP!!), she's getting the praise.
Omg, really? She looks the forum?

Imaan has the best cover of all & the other are flat (Constance's is the second close best).

He took it the wrong way. The praise for his covers was because we saw that a model like Immaan can deliver a great cover by herself and it should challenge photographers.
But really, Immaan across all the Vogue she has been featured this quarantine season proved her « talent » as a model. She showed her range...

Omg, really? She looks the forum?
Of course she looks and a lot of people in the industry do. I looked at the forum for years before joining it...

The general public does not have the same interest in fashion as the ones who are passionated about it. And when it’s constructive criticism, it’s good.

For years, TFS was the easiest way for editors to have access to their archives on the internet. And Dries also look at the forum. And I suspect Raf too...

^exactly. I joined TFS mostly to check archives from vintage magazines, ads etc for work.
Most of the people in the industry know TFS and read the opinions. TFS and purseblog are great sources and few members here are fashion insiders :smile:. It is good to exchange opinions with a large panel of people from different backgrounds. Anonymity helps a lot.

So yes I can confirm ALT looks TFS, same as other stylists/art directors/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->