Vogue Arabia September 2018 : Nicki Minaj by Emma Summerton

Vogue Arabia has some of the best covers and content! This is beautiful, I love it!

Wow, shocked! To think Summerton actually shot this, the last name which came to mind when I saw the previews.
However tolerable it looks, it could certainly have been way better. The dramatic component of the dress wasn't fully captured because of the full-length shot, art direction looks awful, and maybe some semblance of her shape would've made this better.
Still, happy for Nicki bagging her first Vogue cover! :heart:

Nicki's first Vogue cover and I am in love, well done Vogue Arabia.

Such a horrible layout... the picture is good but this is not a musical album cover...

Wow, shocked! To think Summerton actually shot this, the last name which came to mind when I saw the previews.
However tolerable it looks, it could certainly have been way better. The dramatic component of the dress wasn't fully captured because of the full-length shot, art direction looks awful, and maybe some semblance of her shape would've made this better.
Still, happy for Nicki bagging her first Vogue cover! :heart:

This. The shot should've zoomed-in a bit more and cropped right to her waist. That would've resulted in a more sumptuous drama. With this chosen shot, her head looks so small, it's as if the sleeves are drowning it.

Her facade is great herer, but behind that, I don't think it's that much noteworthy.

A fashion muse? I wouldn't go that far. Both covers look good. I wish one of them would be in colour though.

Why would anyone in their right mind would give this awful woman a Vogue cover? And they wonder why Condé Nast is in the red. They are doing a wonderful job chasing away their core readership.

why not? Is Nicki Minaj in Vogue Arabia, that's a statement

why not? Is Nicki Minaj in Vogue Arabia, that's a statement

What statement? That we also reserve the right to put morally bankrupt people on our covers? I will never undestand why certain celebrities always get a free pass, it’s like everyone just shrugs their shoulders, as if they live by different standards and nothing better is expected of them.

While I realise they have to tone her down for this edition, surely there were better options than dressing her in nondescript clothes and removing all the colour from her world. Is she going to a fashion funeral? Seems so.

She's got such a tremendously strong face, they could overload the glamour and she'd still come out on top.

What statement? That we also reserve the right to put morally bankrupt people on our covers? I will never undestand why certain celebrities always get a free pass, it’s like everyone just shrugs their shoulders, as if they live by different standards and nothing better is expected of them.

How exactly is she morally bankrupt? What does that even mean?
She's a pop star and she's beautiful. That's pretty much all you need to book a fashion cover, and she succeeds on both fronts.

No. That a very sexual woman with a potty mouth is on the front covers of a country where women weren't even allowed to drive until last year. Get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->