Vogue Arabia September 2023 by Desiree Mattsson

Horrible. Such an eyesore.

There’s just no whimsy in this whatsoever for the theme they were going for.

I really love 5th cover and 3rd, looks good!

I’m assuming this was shot at Disneyland Paris’ Alice in Wonderland Maze? There’s a difference between what Disney does and what High Fashion is supposed to do. The fact this is lost on them does not surprise me.

3 to 5 are okay, the first two should have never come out.

It’s too styled. I understand what they’re trying to achieve but there’s no whimsy here. And they’ve had so much to work with.
I imagine it’s due to the conservativeness of the Gulf.
To think they teased these covers as though it will break the internet

"With five covers photographed in three different cities – Paris, Cairo, and Dubai" (...) "In Paris’s Euro Disney, three new faces from the runway, Myriem Boukadida, Aouatif Saadi, and Farnoush Hamidian, are dressed in spectacular couture, illustrating the rising influence of Middle Eastern models, while also signaling the impact of Arabia in the global fashion scene.

Source: Vogue Arabia’s September Issue Celebrates High Fashion and Fairy Tale with Five Covers

(Inside has a preview of issue, with editotial photos)

5th cover is OTT but suits a Vogue September issue imo.
4th cover is good. could be a January issue…
3rd cover should be a photo from the editorial inside.
the other ones bin.

Vogue Arabia on Instagram‎: "In the September issue of #VogueArabia, HE Sheikha Al-Zain Al-Sabah, Ambassador of the State of Kuwait to the USA gives an exclusive interview about her incredible journey to the top, and the challenges she has faced along the way. “Kuwaiti women have long been a pivotal factor in changing the rules of the game and initiatives,” says Al-Sabah, the first woman to officially hold this position. “They took the first step in social, political, intellectual, and cultural domains in the country and all over the region. They are a source of inspiration to all of us.” For this feature, the diplomat was photographed in the Kuwaiti embassy in Washington DC, wearing a Sirdab 6 black and gold thoub dress by Kuwaiti designer Sheikha Souad Al-Sabah. Head to Ar.Vogue.me to read the full interview, and watch the video above for her powerful speech. على صفحات عدد سبتمبر من #ڤوغ_العربية، تطالعون مقابلة حصرية مع سعادة الشيخة الزين الصباح، سفيرة دولة الكويت لدى الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية، تتحدث فيها عن رحلتها الرائعة للوصول إلى القمة والتحديات التي واجهتها على الطريق. تقول الشيخة الزين، وهي أول امرأة تتولى هذا المنصب رسميًا: “كانت المرأة الكويتية عاملاً محوريًا في تغيير قواعد اللعبة والمبادرات باتخاذ الخطوة الأولى في المجالات الاجتماعية والسياسية والفكرية والثقافية في الدولة وفي جميع أنحاء المنطقة، وكانت مصدر إلهام لنا جميعًا”. ولهذا الموضوع، صُوِّرَت السفيرة بمقر السفارة الكويتية في واشنطن العاصمة، حيث تتألق بفستان بتصميم الثوب بالأسود والذهبي من علامة “سرداب 6” أبدعته المصممة الكويتية الشيخة سعاد الصباح. تفضلي بزيارة القسم العربي من موقعنا الإلكتروني لقراءة الحوار كاملاً، وشاهدي الفيديو أعلاه للاستماع إلى خطابها القوي.` Photography: @shuranhuang Junior video content producer: @dhs23m Interview: @nadineelchaer"‎

Vogue Arabia on Instagram‎: "Five cover stars, five whimsical covers: #VogueArabia’s #September2023 issue brings to life a fashionable fairy tale. Join Kuwaiti star #HayaAbdulsalam, Egyptian icon #EsaadYounes, and rising Middle Eastern models #MyriemBoukadida, #AouatifSaadi, and #FarnoushHamidian on a journey like no other. #OnceUponAStyle خمس نجمات غلاف، وخمسة أغلفة خيالية: على هذا النحو، يبثّ عددُ #سبتمبر_2023 من #ڤوغ_العربية الحياة في قصص خيالية ويقدمها في قالب عصري أنيق. انضموا إلى النجمة الكويتية #هيا_عبدالسلام، والفنانة المصرية القديرة #إسعاد_يونس، وأيضًا عارضات الأزياء العربيات #مريم_بوقديدة و#عواطف_السعدي و#فرنوش_حميديان في رحلة ليس لها مثيل. #OnceUponAStyle Editor-in-chief: @mrarnaut Videos: @rodneyrico @michaelespiro @george_tsikos Junior video content producer: @dhs23m"‎

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelsea1969
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->